* Re: "Ada Computer Science" at raspberrypi.org
       [not found] <261f09bc-6ca2-43da-a18d-5b01b0a84291n@googlegroups.com>
@ 2023-05-28 15:14 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2023-05-28 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28/05/2023 15:06, Ingo M. wrote:
> The Raspberry Pi Foundation announces an "Ada Computer Science" project which has nothing to do with the Ada programming language.

Just like how AdaFruit doesn't use Ada anywhere.

> https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/ada-computer-science/
>
> "We are excited to launch Ada Computer Science, the new online learning platform for teachers, students, and anyone interested in learning about computer science."
>
> So far the focus is set on the current ChatGPT hype, and code examples in Python, Java, VB, and C#. It could be a good opportunity to promote the Ada language by providing similar courses. Otherwise there could be a risk that newcomers associate Ada with this project rather than the language.

So, what are you going to do?

* Re: "Ada Computer Science" at raspberrypi.org
@ 2023-05-28 17:25   ` Ingo M.
From: Ingo M. @ 2023-05-28 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luke A. Guest schrieb am Sonntag, 28. Mai 2023 um 17:14:51 UTC+2:
> So, what are you going to do?

Nothing (lack of time). I just posted this in case that someone (AdaCore?) could be interested to promote Ada on raspberrypi.org. It could make sense since the Raspbery Pi is one of the most widespread PC platforms on earth right now.

Regards,
Ingo

* Re: "Ada Computer Science" at raspberrypi.org
       [not found] <261f09bc-6ca2-43da-a18d-5b01b0a84291n@googlegroups.com>
@ 2023-05-29  7:36 ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2023-05-29  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ingo M. <it.marks.info@gmail.com> wrote:
>The Raspberry Pi Foundation announces an "Ada Computer Science" project
>which has nothing to do with the Ada programming language.
>https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/ada-computer-science/
[...]
>It could be a good opportunity to promote the Ada language by providing
>similar courses. [...]

FWIW, I just posted the following comment on that page:

"Will you also be using the Ada programming language, a modern language
with a long track record of successful projects and ideally suited to
develop reliable and trustworthy software?"

It is currently marked as "This comment is awaiting moderation."

Dirk

* Re: "Ada Computer Science" at raspberrypi.org
@ 2023-05-29  8:43     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2023-05-29  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28/05/2023 18:25, Ingo M. wrote:
> Luke A. Guest schrieb am Sonntag, 28. Mai 2023 um 17:14:51 UTC+2:
>> So, what are you going to do?
>
> Nothing (lack of time). I just posted this in case that someone (AdaCore?) could be interested to promote Ada on raspberrypi.org. It could make sense since the Raspbery Pi is one of the most widespread PC platforms on earth right now.

I posted this  on the 30th April:

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=345110&start=50#p2103397