* announce : Visual Ada Developer VAD 7.2
@ 2009-07-07  8:45 Leonid
From: Leonid @ 2009-07-07  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Visual Ada Developer (VAD) 7.2 is now available http://users1.jabry.com/adastudio/index.html

VAD is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify

(at your option) any later version.

VAD is distributed in the hope, that it will be useful,

but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty

of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

VAD 7.2 Common description.

1. VAD ( Visual Ada Developer ) is a Tcl/Tk oriented Ada-95(TCL) GUI builder

portable to difference platforms, such as Windows NT/9x,Unix(Linux),

Mac and OS/2. You may use it as IDE for any Ada-95(C,C++,TCL) project.

VAD generated ada sources you may compile and build executable  or generate TCL script to interpritate with Tcl/Tk

VAD 7.2 was tested in Windows  32bit and  64bit and Linux x86-64 Fedora 11, Kubuntu 9.04

2. Used software

GNAT GPL 2009 Ada-05 compiler (or any others)

TCL/TK 8.5.x http://tcl.activestate.com/software/tcltk/

TCL/TK 8.6.x http://tcl.activestate.com/software/tcltk/

W A R N I N G ! VAD 7.2 has two realization

for tcl/tk 8.5.x and tcl/tk 8.6.x , you need to install and test tcl/tk at first.

From vertion tcl/tk 8.5.0.1 ActiveState distribution includes many of VAD used

packages (Itcl,Img,Tktable,BWidgets,Tkhtml and so on).

You may choice needed version in link time. (I recommend to work with 8.6)

TASH 8.02 by Terry J. Westley http://tash.calspan.com/

IMG 1.3 package by Jan Nijtmans <Jan.Nijtmans@wxs.nl>.

Icons 1.2 by Adrian Davis (adrian@satisoft.com)

Help System ( Html browser from Editors and Parsers menu) by Andrei A. Gratchev <grand@midc.miem.edu.ru>

TkPaint - a simple Image Editor http://www.netanya.ac.il/~samy/tkpaint.html with pdf and eps document formats support

RAPID-1 By Martin Carlisle

BWIDGETS 1.8.0 tk extension http://www.unifix-online.com/BWidget

McListbox,mcombobox by Bryan Oakley <oakley@channelpoint.com>

http://purl.oclc.org/net/oakley/tcl/mclistbox/index.html

Toplevelmanager(window::or) by Mark G. Saye

Tktable by Jeff Hobs <jeff.hobbs@acm.org>

http://www.hobbs.wservice.com/tcl/capp/

FTP_library by Stefen Traeger <Steffen.Traeger@t-online.de>

http://home.t-online.de/home/Steffen.Traeger

Csh1.0 package by Mohamed Baccar

http: //members.aol.com/~mbaccar/pub/csh10.zip

Xterm button initialize xterminal

Snack 2.4 multimaedia sound by Kare Sjolander

http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

BLT 3.0 ftp://ftp.tcltk.com/pub/blt

Itcl 4.0 http://www.sensus.org/tcl/index.htm

Tix 8.5 Tix Tcl/Tk extension

QuickTimeTcl 3.0 multimedia movie (Quick Time for Windows and Mac) by Mats Bengtsson and Bruce O'Neel

MPlayerTcl 0.0.2 multimedia movie (Quick Time, Divx, mpeg for Unix) by Cyril Barabto   http://mplayertcl.sourceforge.net

Tclgtk Gtk widget collection on Tcl http://tcl-gtk.sourceforge.net.

Oratcl 4.4 Oracle connection (Oracle 9i,Oracle 10i support) http://oratcl.sourceforge.net

XBit 4.01 Multimedia extension by Chengye Mao  http://www.geocities.com/~chengye/soft.html

Optcl 3.0 - conversion between Tcl objects and COM types by Farzad Pezeshkpour (Windows only)

OpenGL support packages :

Tkogl OpenGL extension by Claudio Esperanca  http://aquarius.lcg.ufrj.br/~esperanc/tkogl.html

tcl3d Tcl/Tk OpenGL Wrapper

VTK 5.x OpenGL extension by Ken Martin, Will Schroeder, Bill Lorensen  http://public.kitware.com/VTK/files

vtkGUI 0.1 by Silvano Imboden  http://visit.cineca.it/vtkGUI

Tkhtml 3.0 package by Dan Kennedy  (last alpha 16 version has problems in tcl/tk 8.6b1. Install it only after test hv3 widget works).

Fve Free text editor by Kazuo Sasagawa

Hex A simple Hex Editor by George Peter Staplin

August Free HTML editor by Johan Bengtsson

ASED Tcl/Tk IDE by Andreas Sievers

Dom, TclXML XML parser http://www.zveno.com

Whiteboard 0.94.3 Image and Media Viewer by Mats Behgtsson

TkMC File manager by Grigoriy Abramov

IDL_To_Ada_Translator by Scott R. Bennet http://www.mitre.org

TCL/TK XML intelligence Visual Editor by Alexander V.Dederer  http://tkxmlive.sourceforge.net

TCL/TK InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer http://www.installjammer.com/

W A R N I N G ! Many of tcl/tk packages were tested for TCL/TK 8.6

in Windows and x86-64 Linux, you may download from my site  http://users1.Jabry.com/adastudio/index.html

Leonid (leonid_dulman@yahoo.co.uk)

* Re: announce : Visual Ada Developer VAD 7.2
@ 2009-07-08  3:15   ` Leonid
From: Leonid @ 2009-07-08  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Leonid <leonid_dulman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>"portable to difference platforms, ..."
>
>cross?

Any platform with Ada compiler and Tcl/Tk

* Re: announce : Visual Ada Developer VAD 7.2
@ 2009-07-08  8:19 ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 2009-07-08  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-07-09 16:54   ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2009-07-09 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Hermann a �crit :
> Leonid <leonid_dulman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> "portable to difference platforms, ..."
>
> cross?

No, I think he meant to the Difference Engine :-)

           J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)