* Meridian and Stacker
@ 1993-04-02  5:28 Paul Schwartz
From: Paul Schwartz @ 1993-04-02  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I've been trying to run Meridian Ada 4.1 on a stacked disk and it
compiles and hangs.  After I reboot the object file is there so the problem
seems to be exiting the compiler.  I can't move it to the unstacked portion of the disk since it looks for most everything on the c: drive and the unstacked
portion is labeled d:  I hate to have to partition the disk just so I can have
an unstacked c: drive.  Using DOS subst or assign dosn't work either.  So...
Has anybody else run into this problem and have they figured a way around it?

Thanks
	Paul

--
Paul Schwartz       pschwrtz@lynx.cs.washington.edu

* Re: Meridian and Stacker
@ 1993-04-02 14:29 ` Dave Hawk
From: Dave Hawk @ 1993-04-02 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Paul Schwartz (pschwrtz@lynx.cs.washington.edu) wrote:
> I've been trying to run Meridian Ada 4.1 on a stacked disk and it
> compiles and hangs.

It is a known bug.  A few months ago, just after Verdix took over
Meridian, I received an ad from them which announced that a bug
fix release was available for ~$99.00 or so.  It fixed that and
a few others.

David Hawk

* Re: Meridian and Stacker
@ 1993-04-02 20:41 ` fred j mccall 575-3539
From: fred j mccall 575-3539 @ 1993-04-02 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <1993Apr2.052855.21757@beaver.cs.washington.edu> pschwrtz@lynx.cs.washington.edu (Paul Schwartz) writes:

>	I've been trying to run Meridian Ada 4.1 on a stacked disk and it
>compiles and hangs.  After I reboot the object file is there so the problem
>seems to be exiting the compiler.  I can't move it to the unstacked portion of the disk since it looks for most everything on the c: drive and the unstacked
>portion is labeled d:  I hate to have to partition the disk just so I can have
>an unstacked c: drive.  Using DOS subst or assign dosn't work either.  So...
>Has anybody else run into this problem and have they figured a way around it?

Wel, I can't speak to that particular compiler, but some programs have
problems with Stacked disks.  Rule one of using Stacker -- never use
SSWAP.  You don't have to reformat or repartition.  Simply eliminate
the SSWAP (which should leave you with a tiny C: unStacked and a large
D: Stacked), then shrink the Stacker partition to increase the size of
the C: partition.  Then move your compiler.

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live
 in the real world."   -- Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

* Re: Meridian and Stacker
@ 1993-04-04  3:00 ` Alex Blakemore
From: Alex Blakemore @ 1993-04-04  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article pschwrtz@lynx.cs.washington.edu (Paul Schwartz) writes:
> it looks for most everything on the c: drive and the unstacked
> portion is labeled d:  I hate to have to partition the disk just so I can have
> an unstacked c: drive.  Using DOS subst or assign dosn't work either.

you could consider buying an operating system.

1/2 :)
Alex Blakemore alex@cs.umd.edu   NeXT mail accepted

* Re: Meridian and Stacker
@ 1993-04-08 12:29 agate!usenet.ins.cwru.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.ed
From: agate!usenet.ins.cwru.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.ed @ 1993-04-08 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Apr2.052855.21757@beaver.cs.washington.edu>, pschwrtz@lynx.cs.w
ashington.edu (Paul Schwartz) writes:

|> 	I've been trying to run Meridian Ada 4.1 on a stacked disk and it
|> compiles and hangs.  After I reboot the object file is there so the problem
|> seems to be exiting the compiler.  I can't move it to the unstacked portion
of the disk since it looks for most everything on the c: drive and the unstacke
|> portion is labeled d:  I hate to have to partition the disk just so I can ha
ve
|> an unstacked c: drive.  Using DOS subst or assign dosn't work either.  So...
|> Has anybody else run into this problem and have they figured a way around it
?

I had a problem with Meridian after Stacking my hard disk.  However, I deleted
my
Meridian system and reinstalled it.  From that point on I have had no
problem.  I am also running Meridian's Windowed system on a Stackered
hard disk with no problem.

Before Stacking my hard disk I did have some problems with the Meridian
ACE environment.  On occasion it would hang up.  I found a quick fix
by sometime running ADAREAL before going into ACE, then coming out
and run ADAEXT and go in again (or vica versa).  This seemed to cure
my problems for a while.

|  John (Jack) Beidler				                   |
|  Prof. of Computer Science Internet: BEIDLER@JAGUAR.UOFS.ED      |
|  University of Scranton              beidler@guinness.cs.uofs.edu|
|  Scranton, PA 18510	      Bitnet : BEIDLER@SCRANTON            |
|          Phone: (717) 941-7446	 FAX:   (717) 941-4250     |

* Re: Meridian and Stacker
@ 1993-04-11 18:39 sybus.sybus.com!myrddin!palan!pdn!mechanic!f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET.ORG!Rand
From: sybus.sybus.com!myrddin!palan!pdn!mechanic!f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET.ORG!Rand @ 1993-04-11 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

JB> I had a problem with Meridian after Stacking my hard disk.

     I have been using Meridian on a stacked drive since theday I got it with N
O PROBLEMS...I did get a fix from Mer' for the ACE.

Groetjes,
           Randy

--
Internet: Randy.Baer@f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET.ORG
UUCP:     ...!myrddin!mechanic!310!Randy.Baer