* Re: Bank of America's disinterest in Ada
@ 1993-05-14 20:14 news
From: news @ 1993-05-14 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <SRCTRAN.93May10085657@world.std.com>, srctran@world.std.com (Gregor
y Aharonian) writes:

[Job advertisement for everything on earth but Ada deleted to save space]

*    What's interesting is that some of these things are even more obscure
*than Ada in the non-Mandated world, yet there is interest jobswise, while
*Ada does not seem to be of interest to the bank.
*    Admittedly, most of my postings like this don't say much by themselves,
*but collectively they paint a really desperate picture for Ada's survival
*that no one inside the Mandated World seems to care about.
*Greg Aharonian
*Source Translation & Optimiztion
*P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178

The really desparate picture is going to be for survival of former Ada gurus,
sw engineers etc. after the bubble bursts.  Slick Willy WILL figure Ada out
before much longer...  they don't CALL him Slick for nothing.

--
Ted Holden
HTE

* Re: Bank of America's disinterest in Ada
@ 1993-05-18 13:38 John Cobarruvias
From: John Cobarruvias @ 1993-05-18 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1043@fedfil.UUCP> news@fedfil.UUCP (news) writes:
>In article <SRCTRAN.93May10085657@world.std.com>, srctran@world.std.com
(Gregory Aharonian) writes:

>[Job advertisement for everything on earth but Ada deleted to save space]
>
>*    What's interesting is that some of these things are even more
obscure
>*than Ada in the non-Mandated world, yet there is interest jobswise,
while
>*Ada does not seem to be of interest to the bank.
>*    Admittedly, most of my postings like this don't say much by
themselves,
>*but collectively they paint a really desperate picture for Ada's
survival
>*that no one inside the Mandated World seems to care about.
*
>*Greg Aharonian
>*Source Translation & Optimiztion
>*P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178
>
>The really desparate picture is going to be for survival of former Ada
gurus,
>sw engineers etc. after the bubble bursts.  Slick Willy WILL figure Ada
out
>before much longer...  they don't CALL him Slick for nothing.
                                            ^^^^^

Why is it that intelligent post seems to peter out as soon as the name
calling starts. It brings up a picture of a whining two bit college punk
who is still eating sour grapes after the election looking for someone to
listen to them gripe of how the President is responsible for everything
that goes wrong, will go wrong, or could possibly go wrong. Geez, grow up
and quit bitchin'.

@ 1993-05-19 22:03 Val Kartchner
From: Val Kartchner @ 1993-05-19 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gregory Aharonian (srctran@world.std.com) wrote:
:     In the May 1, 1993 issue of Datamation, there is a help wanted ad
: from Bank of America's Systems Engineering Division [....]

: [List of experience required deleted]

:     What's interesting is that some of these things are even more obscure
: than Ada in the non-Mandated world, yet there is interest jobswise, while
: Ada does not seem to be of interest to the bank.
:     Admittedly, most of my postings like this don't say much by themselves,
: but collectively they paint a really desperate picture for Ada's survival
: that no one inside the Mandated World seems to care about.

Au contrair (sp?) Greg.  Ada will survive "of the Mandate, for the Mandate,
and by the Mandate."  People inside the Mandated World care because it is
their job (which wouldn't exist without the Mandate) to care.  Look at
Straussman; he was so sure of the survival of Ada that he left his job
before his job left him.

Ada will survive because it is part of the Declaration of Ada-pendence.  ;-(

--
| "AMIGA: The computer for the creative mind" (tm) Commodore /// Weber State  |