* Knuth's random number generator
@ 2005-01-13 23:20 brian.wichmann
From: brian.wichmann @ 2005-01-13 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody implemented this in Ada?

Brian Wichmann.

* Re: Knuth's random number generator
@ 2005-01-14  1:14 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-01-14  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

brian.wichmann@bcs.org.uk wrote:

> Has anybody implemented this in Ada?

Is there some reason you're interested in that algorithm?

Marsaglia's "universal" RNG, which passes stringent tests and is highly
portable, is available with the PragmAda Reusable Components:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jrcarter010/pragmarc.htm

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

* Re: Knuth's random number generator
@ 2005-01-14 15:47   ` brian.wichmann
From: brian.wichmann @ 2005-01-14 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey Carter wrote:
> brian.wichmann@bcs.org.uk wrote:
>
> > Has anybody implemented this in Ada?
>
> Is there some reason you're interested in that algorithm?
>
> Marsaglia's "universal" RNG, which passes stringent tests and is
highly
> portable, is available with the PragmAda Reusable Components:

My interest is in comparing Knuth's one with a new version of the
Hill/Wichmann
generator.

Brian.