* GNAT 3.15 installation
@ 2003-01-30 19:22 Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 2003-01-30 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently posted about GCC 3.2.1 failing to build.

I mentioned that installing GNAT 3.15p prior worked.

HOWEVER, there is one detail:  gnatmake/gnatbind/gnatlink
and the gcc within the GNAT installation all work.
But GCC 3.2.1 said it could not find  'xgcc'
and a script that I have used with several earlier GNATs
fails because 'gnatk8' is not in the path.

* Re: GNAT 3.15 installation
@ 2003-01-31  1:37 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2003-01-31  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm...Well, I can confirm that I have built 3.2.1 from source on Solaris 2.8
with 3.14p as the boostrap compiler.
Did you follow the recommendation about

The Solaris 2 /bin/sh will often fail to configure libstdc++-v3, boehm-gc or
libjava. If you encounter this problem, set CONFIG_SHELL to /bin/ksh in your
environment before running configure.

I can't remember what I hit but I did have problems if I did not do that.

@ 2003-01-31 16:02   ` Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 2003-01-31 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Looks like 3.14 did work.