* CompuServe Ada Forum Rejected
@ 1991-07-27 23:39 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!caen!news.cs.indiana.edu!ari
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!caen!news.cs.indiana.edu!ari @ 1991-07-27 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

In May, I presented a proposal to CompuServe Information Service to establish
an Ada Forum.  I was informed this week that CompuServe believes there is
insufficient interest and rejected the proposal.

I'm not sure who they talked to, but I won't squeeze my sour grapes here.  Many
thanks to those of you that DID express interest.

The Computer Language Magazine Forum (CLMFORUM) on CompuServe continues to
provide an Ada sub-topic.  Please continue to inform your non-Internet
Ada-interested friends and collegues of it's existence.  There are several
folks on CIS that obtain the INFO-ADA version of comp.lang.ada, and it's a
decent source for SOME Ada discussion (though admittedly not as well attended
as this news group).  And nobody criticizes your use of the English language!

Ray
-----
Ray Harwood           |Data Basix           |Associate Faculty,
Voice: (602)721-1988  |PO Box 18324         |   Pima Community College
FAX:   (602)721-7240  |Tucson, AZ 85731     |Instructor in Ada and Pascal
CompuServe: 76645,1370|AppleLink: DATA.BASIX|Internet: rharwood@east.pima.edu

* Re: CompuServe Ada Forum Rejected
@ 1991-07-28  3:40 Keith Frederick
From: Keith Frederick @ 1991-07-28  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1991Jul27.163949.1@east.pima.edu> rharwood@east.pima.edu writes:
>In May, I presented a proposal to CompuServe Information Service to establish
>an Ada Forum.  I was informed this week that CompuServe believes there is
>insufficient interest and rejected the proposal.
>
>I'm not sure who they talked to, but I won't squeeze my sour grapes here.  Man
>thanks to those of you that DID express interest.
>
>The Computer Language Magazine Forum (CLMFORUM) on CompuServe continues to
>provide an Ada sub-topic.  Please continue to inform your non-Internet
>Ada-interested friends and collegues of it's existence.  There are several
>folks on CIS that obtain the INFO-ADA version of comp.lang.ada, and it's a
>decent source for SOME Ada discussion (though admittedly not as well attended
>as this news group).  And nobody criticizes your use of the English language!
>
>Ray
>-----
>Ray Harwood           |Data Basix           |Associate Faculty,
>Voice: (602)721-1988  |PO Box 18324         |   Pima Community College
>FAX:   (602)721-7240  |Tucson, AZ 85731     |Instructor in Ada and Pascal
>CompuServe: 76645,1370|AppleLink: DATA.BASIX|Internet: rharwood@east.pima.edu

I think the CODEPORT forum (the forum for USUS, Inc.) might also support
Ada...although most of the conversation seems to be Modula-2 or Pascal
related. USUS also has a good amount of Ada source code...although those
with 'ftp' access aren't missing anything in terms of Ada. Their source is
not on CIS though, you have to be a member to get it.

For info on USUS, leave me e-mail; it's a non-profit group so I don't mind
doing this bit of free advertising, if it is against net-rules though, I'll
not do it anymore.

| Keith R. Frederick               | Happiness is our moral purpose.     |
| (206)285-1576                    | If you see Dr. Fu Manchu, Kill Him! |
| scalawag@milton.u.washington.edu | SOF : For Professional Adventurers  |
| scalawag@max.u.washington.edu    |-------------------------------------|
| CIS: 73760,3521                  | ::: 4th Year Senior / Economics ::: |