* PIWG
@ 1989-11-27 14:03 Steve Vestal
From: Steve Vestal @ 1989-11-27 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

As I recall, the Performance Improvement Working Group (PIWG) affiliated with
ACM's SIGAda intended to collect results for their benchmark suite and make
these publicly accessable.  Does anyone know whether these results are
conveniently available (e.g., anonymous ftp)?  Inconveniently available?

An article in the Nov/Dec Ada Letters by Asplund et. al. gives some benchmark
figures associated with interrupt handling (among other things).  Does anyone
know if PIWG is thinking of addressing interrupt-related timings in any way?

Steve Vestal
Mail: Honeywell S&RC MN65-2100, 3660 Technology Drive, Minneapolis MN 55418
Phone: (612) 782-7049                    Internet: vestal@src.honeywell.com

* PIWG
@ 1991-11-25 23:35 Mathew Jones
From: Mathew Jones @ 1991-11-25 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi. Where does one find a list of the scores of various machine
on the PIWG benchmarks? We just got the scores for our Alliant
FX/2800 and compared them to ada Letters PIWG Winter 1990,
the scores are from circa 1987, and the Alliant looks pretty good.
However in the last four years this have probably improved.
So where could I find the let us say 10 best times on PIWG,
I am particulatly interested in the HP PA stuff, the IBM
RS/6000 work stations, because they claim awsome Specmark scores.

Matthew Jones
jonesm@cerf.net

* Re: PIWG
@ 1991-11-26 22:40 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!samsung!cg-atla!swlvx2!rgc
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!samsung!cg-atla!swlvx2!rgc @ 1991-11-26 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <857@nic.cerf.net> jonesm@nic.cerf.net (Mathew Jones) writes:

>Hi. Where does one find a list of the scores of various machine
>on the PIWG benchmarks? We just got the scores for our Alliant

You might try the PIWG bulletin board, 301-765-5555 (2400 baud, 8 bits,
no parity).  I haven't used it in several months, but it used to be the
focal point for PIWG data.  I don't know if ftp access is available.
Unfortunately, I must admit that I've noticed no signs of PIWG data
collection this year.  (Nor last, I think.)
	Rick Carle