* Graph Package in ADA?
@ 1991-10-17 10:04 cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!linac!uwm.edu!cs.utexas.edu
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!linac!uwm.edu!cs.utexas.edu @ 1991-10-17 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I would like to see if aybody has (or has seen) an ADA
package for graph (in the theoretical sense) manipulation
which I could use (for free :-) ?

Any pointers appreciated, I thank you in advance,

-- Carlos Puchol
cpg@cs.utexas.edu
Department of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin

* Re: Graph Package in ADA?
@ 1991-10-17 12:21 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!think.com!spool.mu.edu!cs.um
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!think.com!spool.mu.edu!cs.um @ 1991-10-17 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

cpg@cs.utexas.edu (Carlos M. Puchol) writes:

>Hello, I would like to see if aybody has (or has seen) an ADA
>package for graph (in the theoretical sense) manipulation
>which I could use (for free :-) ?

The Booch Components have MANY graph routines, with a large number
of various semantic attributes.  Note that you need a package
guarenteed to work in the presence of concurency if you plan to use
tasks, and may not want to pay the overhead of one that manages
concurrency properly if your application is only sequential.

For an educational institution, the booch components sell at a
very large discount.  As the Univ of Minnesota, I paid less for
the full set of components than for 1 Ada compiler for a PC or Mac.
It's worth your money, both for the components and for the understanding
one can get from reading well-written code.

[I tend to believe that one of the big problems in code is that
we tend to all think we can write "great code" without ever having
read any "great code", but that's another story.]

Last time I talked with Grady, his phone-number was 303-986-2405;
no idea if that's still current or not.  ...Paul

--
Paul Stachour          SCTC, 1210 W. County Rd E, Suite 100
stachour@sctc.com          Arden Hills, MN  55112-3739