* Hysterical posts
@ 1993-04-17 12:03 Colin James 0621
From: Colin James 0621 @ 1993-04-17 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

If this is a moderated forum, would the moderator -=(please)=- edit
hysterical / tirade messages which make use of schizophrenic logic.

* Re: Hysterical posts
@ 1993-04-21 18:21 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!cs.utexas.edu!csc.ti.com!til
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!cs.utexas.edu!csc.ti.com!til @ 1993-04-21 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <9304170603.aa06735@dsc.blm.gov> cjames@DSC.BLM.GOV (Colin James 0621) write
s:

>If this is a moderated forum, would the moderator -=(please)=- edit
>hysterical / tirade messages which make use of schizophrenic logic.

Hey, a note asking the moderator to delete it; something vaguely
recursive about this 'request'...

[No, it isn't moderated -- and what makes you think you have the right
to decide what other people can say?  Are Mandated Postings next?
;-)]

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live
 in the real world."   -- Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

* Re: Hysterical posts
@ 1993-04-22  3:33 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1993-04-22  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Apr21.182117.10479@mksol.dseg.ti.com> mccall@mksol.dseg.ti.com
(fred j mccall 575-3539) writes:
>In <9304170603.aa06735@dsc.blm.gov> cjames@DSC.BLM.GOV (Colin James 0621) writ
es:

>>If this is a moderated forum, would the moderator -=(please)=- edit
>>hysterical / tirade messages which make use of schizophrenic logic.
>
>Hey, a note asking the moderator to delete it; something vaguely
>recursive about this 'request'...
>
>[No, it isn't moderated -- and what makes you think you have the right
>to decide what other people can say?  Are Mandated Postings next?
>;-)]

I agree with Fred. For all that I find the flamewars and hysteria
tiresome and sometimes offensive, I think this group - and most of
the net - should be completely open-access. The flamewars are a
reasonably harmless way for people to blow off steam and vent frustration.
The really hysterical stuff just embarrasses its writers. If they don't
care, why should I? No censorship please.

Mike Feldman

Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"The most important thing is to be sincere,
and once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."
-- old show-business adage