* Teleuse
@ 1993-04-19  3:00 munnari.oz.au!goanna!escargot!edna.cc.swin.edu.au!stan!h8ed027
From: munnari.oz.au!goanna!escargot!edna.cc.swin.edu.au!stan!h8ed027 @ 1993-04-19  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anybody out there used Teleuse, if so what is it like.

Please mail or post any comments you have to make about it.

Thanks in advance.

| Major Bloodnok, aka Peter Allfrey.                  |  ==\    //  /==  |
| h8ed027@stan.xx.swin.oz.au                          |     \  //--/     |
| "How dare you call me Major Bloodnok?"              |      \//  /      |
| "But that's your name."                             |          /       |
| "In that case I forgive you."                       |         /        |

* Re: Teleuse
@ 1993-04-23  2:56 Holmes S. Liao
From: Holmes S. Liao @ 1993-04-23  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <h8ed027.735188441@stan> h8ed027@stan.xx.swin.OZ.AU (ALLFREY P) writ
es:
>Anybody out there used Teleuse, if so what is it like.
> [stuff deleted]

TeleUse is a pretty sophisticated UIMS. It includes a dialog manager with
debugger, a GUI builder, and it supports for custom widget built upon Xt and
Xlib. It generates C and UIL, but not Ada. Ada and other foreign language
programs can be called thru the dialog manager.

Although personally I like Sun's DevGuide (on OpenWindows) better, I found
TeleUse's dialog debugger very useful in locating hard-to-find bugs in
callback code. It needs 32M of memory to run nicely on Motif.

holmes liao

* Re: Teleuse
@ 1993-04-23 19:14 Chris D. Eveleigh
From: Chris D. Eveleigh @ 1993-04-23 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

****WARNING:  MARKETING HYPE TO FOLLOW****

The following information is provided as educational and informational:

holmes liao wrote:

>> ...It (Teleuse, sic.) generates C and UIL, but not Ada...

Our product does!!!  The ICS Ada Xcessories include Motif, Ada/Motif, and
BX/Ada.

I assume you know about Motif.

The Ada/Motif product provides STARS-compliant Ada bindings to the complete
Motif toolkit.

The BX/Ada product is the premier IDT for Motif, Builder Xcessory, (highest
U.S. market share according to the X Business Group) with Ada-generating
capabilities for most Sun, HP, and IBM workstation Ada compilers.

The ICS Ada Xcessories allow you to generate clean, portable, royalty-free
Ada code that doesn't require any additional run time libraries. BX/Ada
dramatically cuts user interface development time by allowing application
designers to quickly build Motif-based user interfaces for their Ada
applications.

Unnamed sources at unspecified agencies have reported to us that they are
extremely satisfied with this product line! ;-D

Send e-mail to info@ics.com or contact us by phone at (617) 621-0060 if the
Ada Xcessories are of interest to you.

No flames please.  I warned you that marketing hype followed right from the
start. :-)

Cheers,

Chris Eveleigh
Ada Xcessories Product Manager,
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. (ICS)

* Re: Teleuse
@ 1993-04-26 23:47 John Goodsen
From: John Goodsen @ 1993-04-26 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Although personally I like Sun's DevGuide (on OpenWindows) better, I found
>TeleUse's dialog debugger very useful in locating hard-to-find bugs in
>callback code. It needs 32M of memory to run nicely on Motif.

32M of memory runs anything nicer.  TeleUSE is no more of a memory
hog than other builders, and runs fine on 16 meg sparcs as well as
other platforms.

The Dialog Management support and reusable template support in TeleUSE blow awa
DevGuide ...

and OpenWindows? yech!  but that's for another newsgroup to discuss...

Just to keep things in perspective here :-)

--
John Goodsen                EVB Software Engineering, Inc.
jgg@evb.com                    - Ada & Object Oriented Training/Products