* Re: re: IBM Marks Milestone in FAA Contract ; more info needed
@ 1993-04-28 15:50 John Cobarruvias
From: John Cobarruvias @ 1993-04-28 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <19930425.130826.241@almaden.ibm.com> jnestoriak@vnet.IBM.COM
writes:
>>Could someone furnish more info.  The "story behind the story".
>>Did they just upgrade the modems?  Was software redesigned
>>to allow the speedup?  Does this have ANYTHING to do with Ada?
>
>I don't know too much about PAMRI myself.  Actually I don't think
>that the 8 times increase data transfer speed was really the
>goal.  From what I know PAMRI will provide the interface to the
>new AAS system.  AAS has been much discussed here in the past
>as a large Ada project that wasn't doing too well.  I'm not
>sure that PAMRI is written in Ada but most of the AAS project
>is.

Well let me add what I have heard, maybe someone will correct/support the
info:

>From what I have gathered, IBM had to learn Ada, IBM attempted to develop
the software on an IBM Mainframe, then went to Rationals, then to an
RS6000. This all contributed to the current problems.

Now the problems are associated with the integration of the software.

Hum....maybe the FAA should get more recognition from the Bean Counters in
Washington instead of the Station?

>* These opinions are mine only.                     John Nestoriak *

John R. Cobarruvias, Texas A&M Class of '78,

"Your pain will be legendary" (Hellraiser I)
"And to think..................I hesitated" (Hellraiser II)
"These pins are killing me!" (Pinhead in Hellraiser IV)

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-04-28 15:50 UTC | newest]