* Gnat Ada question
@ 2004-09-18 22:41 Gwynnnn
From: Gwynnnn @ 2004-09-18 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

(On Windows XP home )

Is it possible to have ada files in different directories and for the gnat
compiler to be able to find them and compile/link them all up from adagide?
If so how do you get it to do this?

--
           Regards

                   Gwynn

* Re: Gnat Ada question
@ 2004-09-19  0:20 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2004-09-19  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gwynnnn wrote:

> Is it possible to have ada files in different directories and for the
> gnat compiler to be able to find them and compile/link them all up
> from adagide? If so how do you get it to do this?

Certainly. You should really read the pertinent parts of the top-secret
documentation to see how this is done. There are 2 environment variables
that affect where GNAT looks; you can also use the -I<directory>
parameter to gnatmake to specify additional directories. The former is
beyond AdaGIDE to control; the latter can be specified using the "GNAT
options in the current directory" selection from the AdaGIDE menu.

"Ada has made you lazy and careless. You can write programs in C that
are just as safe by the simple application of super-human diligence."
E. Robert Tisdale