* Just for fun...
@ 2001-12-18 11:32 Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2001-12-18 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=ada&Find=Find
Nice to see who's first, since it's sorted most common first...  :-)

           J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: Just for fun...
@ 2001-12-20 19:11 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2001-12-20 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr> wrote in message news:<9vna3j$o5k$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net>...
> Try http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=ada&Find=Find
> Nice to see who's first, since it's sorted most common first...  :-)

Should we demand to have it removed on the grounds it is
not an acronym? :-) :-)

or at least spelled right Ada (one of the other entries
has a small d)

* Re: Just for fun...
@ 2001-12-20 20:37   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-12-20 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5ee5b646.0112201111.13e16153@posting.google.com>, Robert Dewar
says...

>"Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr> wrote in message news:<9vna3j$o5k$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net>...
>> Try http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=ada&Find=Find
>> Nice to see who's first, since it's sorted most common first...  :-)
>

>Should we demand to have it removed on the grounds it is
>not an acronym? :-) :-)

Actually, I'd say its a help that folks searching for the meaning of the acronym
will be told right up front that it isn't one (the entry starts w/ "[not an
acronym]")

>or at least spelled right Ada (one of the other entries
>has a small d)

I'd go for that.

On the plus side, this site gives us 2 pages of nifty new things to pretend we
think "ADA" posters are talking about. We should each pick a different one, to
amush the next hapless newbie with. I'll take "Action for Dysphasic Adults".
:-)

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

* Re: Just for fun...
@ 2002-01-02  2:12     ` Matthew Graybosch
From: Matthew Graybosch @ 2002-01-02  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)