From: slinky.cs.nyu.edu!slinky.cs.nyu.edu!nobody@nyu.edu  (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT for PC
Date: 2 Sep 93 02:26:00 GMT	[thread overview]

The primary targets for GNAT are Sparc (SunOS) and PC (OS/2). Versions of
GNAT for these two targets are available by anonymous FTP now.

We expect to make available ports for PC (NT), Alpha, MIPS, HP700 in the
relatively near future.

A port to PC (Linux) has also been completed (not by us, but its around)

There are no plans (no do we consider it practical) to consider porting
GNAT to DOS or Windows. In any case GNAT requires a substantial PC (8 megs
is a realistic minimum), and on such a machine it makes little sense to
run DOS or Windows in any case in a development environment.

The usual disclaimer, that this is a very preliminary prerelease, whose
successful installation requires knowledge of and familiarity with GCC
applies!