* CFP: ACM HILT 2018 Workshop on Languages/Tools for Cyber-Resilience at SPLASH in Boston, Nov 5&6
@ 2018-06-29 17:25 Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 2018-06-29 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is a chance to show how Ada and SPARK can be used to address cyber-security challenges:

  https://2018.splashcon.org/track/hilt-2018-papers

HILT 2018: Workshop on Languages and Tools for Ensuring Cyber-Resilience in Critical Software-Intensive Systems, as part of SPLASH 2018, November 5 & 6, 2018, Boston, MA, USA, Sponsored by ACM SIGAda

The High Integrity Language Technology (HILT) 2018 Workshop is focused on the cyber-resilience needs of critical software systems, where such a system must be trusted to maintain a continual delivery of services, as well as ensuring safety in its operations. Such needs have common goals and shared strategies, tools, and techniques, recognizing the multiple interactions between security and safety.

We encourage papers and extended abstracts relating to:

	• Language features that can be used to build security and/or safety into software-intensive systems; Approaches to apply effectively the emerging technologies of AI and Machine Learning in critical software systems;
	• Mechanisms that can be used to understand, certify, and manage systems that are “data driven,” relying on “soft code,” where control flow and algorithms are expressed using data rather than “hard code” expressed directly in programming languages;
	• Extending contract-based programming to specifying security resistance and resilience properties as well as safety and/or correctness properties;
	• Strategies to minimize risk when applying complex software requirements to cyber-physical systems;
	• Modeling and/or programming language features and analysis techniques that aid in code analysis and verification and that increase the level of abstraction and expressiveness;
	• Language features that support continuous requirements maturation to support evolving needs, particularly in cyber-physical systems, while ensuring that security and safety properties are preserved.
This workshop is designed as a forum for communities of researchers and practitioners from academic, industrial, and governmental settings, to come together, share experiences, and forge partnerships focused on integrating and deploying tool and language combinations to address the challenges of building cyber-resilient software-intensive systems. The workshop will be a combination of presentations and panel discussions, with one or more invited speakers.

Attendees wishing to present at the workshop should prepare full papers (approx. 6-8 pages), or extended abstracts (approx. 2-4 pages) for their proposed presentations, and the workshop program committee will select presentations and organize them into sessions. Other interested participants are welcome to register for the HILT 2018 Workshop as part of their SPLASH 2018 registration.

    Aug 1: Papers or Extended abstracts due;
    Sep 1: Notification of submissions accepted for presentation
    Oct 1: Final submissions due
    Nov 5&6: Workshop as part of SPLASH 2018

Please submit papers and extended abstracts, by Aug 1, 2018, on HotCRP: https://hilt18.hotcrp.com/

Workshop Co-Chairs

    Bill Bail, MITRE
    Tucker Taft, AdaCore, Inc

Organizing Committee

    Dirk Craeynest, ACM SIGAda International Representative, KU Leuven
    Drew Hamilton, Chair, ACM SIGAda, Mississippi State University, CCI
    Clyde Roby, Secretary-Treasurer, ACM SIGAda, Institute for Defense Analyses
    Alok Srivastava, Editor, ACM Ada Letters, Engility Corp.
    Ricky E. Sward, Past Chair, ACM SIGAda, MITRE

URLs:

    SPLASH 2018: http://www.splashcon.org
    HILT 2018 Information: http://sigada.org/conf/hilt2018
    HILT 2018 Submissions: https://hilt18.hotcrp.com/
    ACM SIGAda: http://sigada.org

* CFP deadline now 17 Aug: SIGAda/HILT 2018 Cyber-Resilience Workshop at SPLASH in Boston, Nov 5&6
@ 2018-07-31 20:23 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 2018-07-31 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Deadline now extended to August 17th.  Proceedings of workshop will be published in Ada Letters and will be available in the ACM Digital Library, to provide more visibility to your papers or extended abstracts.