* David Cook on William Currie Colket
@ 2016-01-04 17:57 Nicholas Collin Paul de Gloucester
From: Nicholas Collin Paul de Gloucester @ 2016-01-04 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Cook reported:
|"On behalf of SIGAda, I regret to pass along the sad news of the passing of |
|Currie Colket - a friend and colleague, and advocate of Ada since the early |
|days.  He passed away on Dec 23rd.                                          |
|SIGAda presented him with the Distinguished Service Award in 2001.  On of   |
|the original Ada proponents, in the 1980s he served as the Navy Deputy to   |
|the Ada Joint Program Office.  He was extremely active in the Ada community |
|for years and years, where he was associated with the KIT/KITIA and the ASIS|
|Working Group.  His ASIS working group was responsible for the ISO          |
|standardization of ASIS.  He held many offices in SIGAda, being elected as  |
|the SIGAda Chair in 2001.                                                   |
|He will be deeply missed.                                                   |
|Dave                                                                        |
|--------------------                                                        |
|David Cook                                                                  |
|Chair, SIGADA"                                                              |

Paul Colin Gloster

* Re: David Cook on William Currie Colket
@ 2016-01-04 20:01 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2016-01-04 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 9:57:37 AM UTC-8, Nicholas Collin Paul de Gloucester wrote:
> Dave Cook reported:
> |----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |"On behalf of SIGAda, I regret to pass along the sad news of the passing of |
> |Currie Colket - a friend and colleague, and advocate of Ada since the early |
> |days.  He passed away on Dec 23rd.                                          |
> |                                                                            |
> |SIGAda presented him with the Distinguished Service Award in 2001.  On of   |
> |the original Ada proponents, in the 1980s he served as the Navy Deputy to   |
> |the Ada Joint Program Office.  He was extremely active in the Ada community |
> |for years and years, where he was associated with the KIT/KITIA and the ASIS|
> |Working Group.  His ASIS working group was responsible for the ISO          |
> |standardization of ASIS.  He held many offices in SIGAda, being elected as  |
> |the SIGAda Chair in 2001.                                                   |
> |He will be deeply missed.                                                   |

My deepest condolences to his family.

Anh Vo