From: "Florian Haag" <florianhaag@yahoo.de>
Subject: Re: Cannot launch A# applications
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:31:06 +0100
Date: 2004-11-06T20:31:06+01:00	[thread overview]

"Georg Bauhaus" <sb463ba@l1-hrz.uni-duisburg.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:cmirn8$o84$1@a1-hrz.uni-duisburg.de...
> Florian Haag <florianhaag@yahoo.de> wrote:
> : What update service?
>
> W>=2000 has a service installed that can check whether there
> are new system components available for your operating system.
> This requires a connection to the internet.

Oh, you mean that Windows Update service ... I deactivated
it right after setting up my pc as I've only an ISDN connection;
and I'm not going to let my Windows (or any other program
except my AV software) download tens of MBs without my
explicit request to so ...

> IIRC, the service does check for new .NET components.

Hmm, I installed DOTNET from the MS CD with SP 2,
and even that installer didn't tell me anything ... I saw
Windows Update in action once and I think it only
tells you something like "There are new updates available,
download now?" ... would Windows Update have
automatically uninstalled .NET 1.0 when installing
1.1, while the actual 1.1 installer didn't??

Regards,
Florian Haag