* Midwest Ada jobs, 1 director level
@ 1996-11-15  0:00 Al Will
From: Al Will @ 1996-11-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know, I know...I'm not suppose to be here.  Please don't yell.

We have Ada Software Engineering positions available in Minnesota and
Nebraska.  These are contract postions (long term).  One permanant
position exists for a Director with project management experience in
large embedded systems.

This is an immediate need.  Please contact Al Will at:

	CDI Corporation - Midwest
	800 West 47th Street, Suite 403
	Kansas City, MO  64112

	(816) 960-0450
	(816) 960-0456 FAX

	alwill@netcom.com

* TI Selling Defense Section
@ 1996-11-16  0:00 ` Michael Levasseur
From: Michael Levasseur @ 1996-11-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I read in a magazine last week that TI was going to sell its
defense electronics divisions and get completely out of the defense
business.

I wonder if there are any ramifications for the Tartan Ada compilers?
I know they bought Tartan six months ago. Are they planning on
selling, abandoning or "letting whither on the vine" Tartan's Ada
existing compiler's?

If TI is only going to make commercial equipment, will Tartan still
continue to build new Ada and even Ada95 compilers for new target
hardware? And if they will I wonder how aggressively and where on
Tartan's list of priorities Ada will be????

* Re: TI Selling Defense Section
@ 1996-11-22  0:00   ` Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 1996-11-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: customer-support

Michael Levasseur wrote:

> I read in a magazine last week that TI was going to sell its
> defense electronics divisions and get completely out of the defense
> business.
>
> I wonder if there are any ramifications for the Tartan Ada compilers?
> I know they bought Tartan six months ago. Are they planning on
> selling, abandoning or "letting whither on the vine" Tartan's Ada
> existing compiler's?
>
> If TI is only going to make commercial equipment, will Tartan still
> continue to build new Ada and even Ada95 compilers for new target
> hardware? And if they will I wonder how aggressively and where on
> Tartan's list of priorities Ada will be????

Due to proprietary constraints, most of your questions will probably
not be answered by anyone who knows.

However, it is public knowledge that Tartan provides Ada compilers for
TI's successful line of DSPs. These DSPs are used commercially. Assuming
an adequate market for Ada programs on TI DSPs, it would seem reasonable
that TI would want Tartan to stay in business.

I would like to think that TI will be sending something to Tartan's
customers about their plans for the Tartan lines, in order that such
speculation could be put to rest.

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"
For more info, see http://www.lmtas.com or http://www.lmco.com