* Re: Ichbiah's Letter___
@ 1993-04-18 10:45 cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!linac!uwm.edu!cs.utexas.edu
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!linac!uwm.edu!cs.utexas.edu @ 1993-04-18 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <EMERY.93Apr15143405@goldfinger.mitre.org>, emery@goldfinger.mitre.o
rg (David Emery) writes:
> The biggest advantage of the trailing underscore is that it now makes
> the absolutely horrible VMS naming conventions ambiguous.  Is
> 	FOO_.ada
> the package specification for package FOO, or the package body for
> package FOO_ ?
>
> 				dave

There goes upward/downward compilations!  I guess Digital will have to change
the standard now...

How about FOO_$.ADA to represent the specification and
          FOO_.ADA to represent the body?

Have you considered the problem with having procedure MYFOO being compiled
separately inside of FOO_ package.  The file would have to be FOO___MYFOO.ADA
(three underscores).

George

| George C. Harrison            | PHONE : (804) 683-8654  | "Ada Spoken Here"|
| Professor of Computer Science | FAX   : (804) 683-9229  +------------------+
| Norfolk State University      | g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu |                  |
| 2401 Corprew Avenue           +-------------------------+                  |
| Norfolk VA 23504              | loop exit when RE_TIRED; end loop;         |

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-04-18 10:45 UTC | newest]