* Linear algebra in Ada
@ 1998-12-14  0:00 Leszek Sczaniecki
From: Leszek Sczaniecki @ 1998-12-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any good package, preferably public domain, for linear algebra
(operations on vector and  matrices, inverting matrices, solving linear
equations, etc.)  in Ada?

-les

* Re: Linear algebra in Ada
@ 1998-12-15  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1998-12-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Is there any good package, preferably public domain, for linear algebra
>(operations on vector and  matrices, inverting matrices, solving linear
>equations, etc.)  in Ada?
  A few years ago I recall getting the "NAG SCS Ada Library" from my
Ada compiler vendor.  I presume not too much has changed in how one
inverts matrices, etc. since then.  That was of course pre-web, but
perhaps a search for NAG or Numerical Analysis Group  will find it.

* Re: Linear algebra in Ada
@ 1998-12-15  0:00 ` Gerald Kasner
From: Gerald Kasner @ 1998-12-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Leszek Sczaniecki wrote:

> Is there any good package, preferably public domain, for linear algebra
> (operations on vector and  matrices, inverting matrices, solving linear
> equations, etc.)  in Ada?
>
> -les

There are bindings to LAPACK
(ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/contrib/lapack-ada), which is available at
netlib( http://www.netlib.org/lapack/index.html)

Maybe this meets your needs.

-Gerald

* Re: Linear algebra in Ada
@ 1998-12-15  0:00 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 1998-12-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Leszek Sczaniecki wrote:

> Is there any good package, preferably public domain, for linear algebra
> (operations on vector and  matrices, inverting matrices, solving linear
> equations, etc.)  in Ada?
>
> -les
I know that the Public Ada Library used to have some linear-a packages,
but the URL I had for it was through AJPO which is now closed. Look
around with a search engine for the Public Ada Library and if you find
them, they'll have the stuff you need.

I think I got a package from Mats Weber at some point in time (maybe
through the PAL?) so you might want to dig around at www.adahome.com and
see if there's anything about it there. (I can dredge around and see if
I can find it if you really get desparate.)

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

"Eagles may soar, but a weasle never gets sucked up into a jet engine."

        --  Author Unknown

* Re: Linear algebra in Ada
@ 1998-12-17  0:00 ` Ken Thomas
From: Ken Thomas @ 1998-12-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leszek Sczaniecki

Leszek Sczaniecki wrote:

> Is there any good package, preferably public domain, for linear algebra
> (operations on vector and  matrices, inverting matrices, solving linear
> equations, etc.)  in Ada?
>
> -les
There is a package from Drexel University
http://dflwww.ece.drexel.edu/research/ada that you may find useful.

There are bindings to LAPACK that may give high performance. I would be
very interested to know if these have been used succesfully with the Sun
high performance libraries.

Ken
--
Dr K.S. Thomas
Department of Electronics and Computer Science

Telephone : (+44) 01703 592170
Fax :       (+44) 01703 593903

email: kst@ecs.soton.ac.uk