From: Daniel Norte Moraes <danielcheagle@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Pure or Preelaborate or ? in Adare_net
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 08:33:57 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Em terça-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2022 às 10:52:42 UTC-3, Fabien Chouteau escreveu:
> On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:13:33 PM UTC+1, daniel...@gmail.com wrote:
> > For this reason, if really 'is' pure, not pure, preelaborate or what (?), pleeeeeeaaase, we ask the group's Ada Language Lawyers to help analyze and suggest modifications if necessary.
> I recommend reading this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19353228/when-to-use-pragma-pure-preelaborate
>
> If your units are declared as Pure, the compiler considers that they have no side effect and can decided to call the sub-programs only once and cache the result, or not even call the sub-program if the result is not used after.

Thanks!
I read the post and believe that because most variables are either streamed or aliased and imported, lib works as it should.
However, there is still the possible problem of omitting the same subprograms with the same parameters (by compiler), although in the tests this did not happen, would replacing aspect 'pure' by 'preelaborate' solve this possible problem?

Thanks!
Best Whishes,
Dani.