* Reuse Library Systems?
@ 1991-07-18  1:07 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!usc!orion.oac.uci.edu!unogat
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!usc!orion.oac.uci.edu!unogat @ 1991-07-18  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am working on a software reuse project.  We are going to
setup a library of reusable ada components and need a library
mechanism to manage all the components.  What systems are
currently available?  I know RAPID and STARS each has a
library mechanism.  What other library systems exist?  I would
like to collect a complete list so that we can review
the differences between different mechanisms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

C. Paul Bond - Software Engineer
Internet: pbond%mcl.span@sds.sdsc.edu, Phone: 304 594 1762
2611 Cranberry Square, Box 2, Morgantown, WV 26505

* Re: Reuse Library Systems?
@ 1991-07-30 13:36 mcsun!ukc!tcdcs!ccvax.ucd.ie!vms.eurokom.ie!adimaio
From: mcsun!ukc!tcdcs!ccvax.ucd.ie!vms.eurokom.ie!adimaio @ 1991-07-30 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3826.2884b192@mcl.saic.com>, pbond@mcl.saic.com writes:
> I am working on a software reuse project.  We are going to
> setup a library of reusable ada components and need a library
> mechanism to manage all the components.  What systems are
> currently available?  I know RAPID and STARS each has a
> library mechanism.  What other library systems exist?  I would
> like to collect a complete list so that we can review
> the differences between different mechanisms.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> C. Paul Bond - Software Engineer
> Internet: pbond%mcl.span@sds.sdsc.edu, Phone: 304 594 1762
> Science Applications International Corporation
> 2611 Cranberry Square, Box 2, Morgantown, WV 26505
A library mchanism that might be worth considering is the one supported
by DRAGOON, an object oriented preprocessable Ada extension developed
in the context of a European research project and then productized and
currently marketed by our company. Evaluation copies for SUN and VAX/VMS
are available at 600 US$. The full product includes an advanced library
management system supporting full browsing of Ada components.
For further information, please contact Mr. Andrea Di Maio at
TXT Ingegneria Informatica, Via Socrate 41, 20128 Milano (Italy)
ph. +39-2-27001001; fax +39-2-2578994; Email a_di_maio@eurokom.ie

* Re: Reuse Library Systems?
@ 1991-08-21 12:21 Eric Beser
From: Eric Beser @ 1991-08-21 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

You may want to consider the Westinghouse Reusability Search Expert
(ReuSE) which is a hypertext library that supports multiple domains
across decnetted networks. ReuSE runs on the VAX and may be used via
vt100 terminals, xwindows, or through a hypertext server to a pc front
end.

This system supports library administration, multiple product domain
administration and browsing of source objects. The Reusable Ada Avionics
Software Parts project (WL/AAAF-3) is using ReuSE at the library
manager.

For more information contact:

Eric Beser
Westinghouse Aerospace Software Engineering
MS 3k28 PO box 1897
(301)-765-1010

or

Dennis McCallam
Westinhouse Aerospace Software Engineering
MS432 PO Box 1897
Baltimore Md. 21203
(301)-765-4392