From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada replacements for DOS I/O
Date: 6 Nov 1994 16:03:47 -0500
Date: 1994-11-06T16:03:47-05:00	[thread overview]

I think I have posted this before, but since it is asked again, here goes.

Implementation of tasking in GNAT. The Tasking is based on a low level
interface for which we currently have posix threads and OS/2 threads
implementations (the latter is in final testing before being released).
THe threads implementation can map either to read pthreads, e.g. on the
SGI, or to a pthreads simulator we have for SunOS. The latter is in C,
but is not yet very portable, it really assumes it is on a Sun.