From: beidler@guinness.cs.uofs.edu (Jack Beidler)
Subject: Re: GNAT problem: Hello World
Date: 14 Dec 1994 20:01:35 GMT
Date: 1994-12-14T20:01:35+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3c8je2$n99@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>, daver@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Dave Retherford) writes:
|> In article <2EE640BF@SMTPGATE2.STRATCOM.AF.MIL>,
|> Bennett, Chip (KTR) ~U <BennettC@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL> wrote:

|> > Are you remembering that "gnatbl" in 1.83 does not create a .EXE file, but
|> > rather a COFF executable.  If you create your executable with:
|> >
|> >      gnatbl test1 -o test1
|> >
|> > Then you can execute it with:
|> >
|> >      go32 test1
|> >
|> > or convert it to a DOS executable with:
|> >
|> >      coff2exe test1
|> >
|> > I've heard that "gnatbl" in GNAT 2.00 generates DOS executables directly.

I have used version 1.83 in DOS since it has become available and
I now have at least a dozen students attacking v. 1.83 in a DOS
environment with great success.  I have a copy of the CDROM but
I have not used that copy.

|> > I've heard that "gnatbl" in GNAT 2.00 generates DOS executables directly.

TRUE:  I've been using 2.00 in DOS for about a week and, yes, it
creates DOS executable files (I found out the hard way, I have this
terrible habit of not reading readme files).
|John (Jack) Beidler                    ++   beidler@cs.uofs.edu  |
|  Professor, Computing Sciences Dept. ++                         |
|  University of Scranton             ++  (717) 941-7446 (voice)  |
| Scranton, PA 18510                 ++     (717) 941-4250 (FAX)  |