* Problem with JEWL
@ 2004-10-28 19:20 Bob
From: Bob @ 2004-10-28 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded Jewl and installed in on a Win XP machine.

The instructions suggest compiling and linking sketch using the command
gnatmake sketch. The linking phase fails on the command line option
-lwinmm. I get a message saying ..

ld: cannot open -lwinmm: No such file or directory.

Other purely text based programs compile just fine with my current
installation, so its something to do with Jewl.

I beleive I'm running gnat 3.15, and the gcc part reports its own vesion
as 2.8.1.

Using Borland's winmm.lib didn't work.

Thanks
Bob

* Re: Problem with JEWL
@ 2004-10-28 20:13 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-10-28 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob <nospam@nospam.com> writes:

> I beleive I'm running gnat 3.15, and the gcc part reports its own vesion
> as 2.8.1.

I bet you don't have the GNATWin package. You should download and install
gnatwin-3.15p.exe InstallShield.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|

* Re: Problem with JEWL
@ 2004-10-29  7:31   ` Adrien Plisson
From: Adrien Plisson @ 2004-10-29  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry wrote:
> I bet you don't have the GNATWin package. You should download and install
> gnatwin-3.15p.exe InstallShield.

with GNAT on windows, you can also have a look at gnatreg. it will tell you if
you have additional libraries registered for use at compile time. in this case
you will need something Win32Ada or such Ada/Windows binding.

for example, here is the output of gnatreg on my computer:
C:\>gnatreg

GNATREG 3.15p  (20020523) Copyright 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Setup location:    C:\PROGRA~1\ADACOR~1\GNAT
Compiler location: C:\PROGRA~1\ADACOR~1\GNAT
GLIDE location:    <not installed>

Additional standard libraries:
    WIN32ADA   C:\PROGRA~1\ADACOR~1\GNAT\Bindings\Win32Ada
    WIN32      C:\PROGRA~1\ADACOR~1\GNAT\lib\win32

C:\>

--
rien

* Re: Problem with JEWL
@ 2004-10-29 14:02     ` Bob
From: Bob @ 2004-10-29 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

That was the problem. Thanks for the tips.

Bob