* Adabrowse help
@ 2004-11-09 15:30 Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2004-11-09 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I bet several people is using AdaBrowse in this list. I'm having a
problem with the latest version 4.0.2 so if you can help...

I'm trying to generate the documentation for a large project. The source
files are scattered in several folders. The .adt files from ASIS are all
in a single folder. I'm giving this command:

adabrowse -Ifolder1 -Ifolder2 -Tadtfolder -f main.ads --all -o html/

Theoretically the --all switch should cause html generation for all
withed files (in gnatmake fashion?) but in my case I get a single file
for the main.ads unit. Supplying -wD doesn't show anything, nor any
error is reported.

Any ideas?

* Re: Adabrowse help
@ 2004-11-09 17:05 ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2004-11-09 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bet several people is using AdaBrowse in this list. I'm having a
> problem with the latest version 4.0.2 so if you can help...
>
> I'm trying to generate the documentation for a large project. The source
> files are scattered in several folders. The .adt files from ASIS are all
> in a single folder. I'm giving this command:
>
> adabrowse -Ifolder1 -Ifolder2 -Tadtfolder -f main.ads --all -o html/
>
> Theoretically the --all switch should cause html generation for all
> withed files (in gnatmake fashion?) but in my case I get a single file
> for the main.ads unit. Supplying -wD doesn't show anything, nor any
> error is reported.
>
> Any ideas?

Follow-up: I've temporarily work-arounded the previous using a shell
script, but I'm still curious.

Apart from that, every file is taking about 2 minutes to be generated in
a fairly recent computer with lots of memory. We are talking about 400
.adt files. Is this a normal speed?

* Re: Adabrowse help
@ 2004-11-10 11:21   ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2004-11-10 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
> Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I bet several people is using AdaBrowse in this list. I'm having a
>> problem with the latest version 4.0.2 so if you can help...
>>
>> I'm trying to generate the documentation for a large project. The
>> source files are scattered in several folders. The .adt files from
>> ASIS are all in a single folder. I'm giving this command:
>>
>> adabrowse -Ifolder1 -Ifolder2 -Tadtfolder -f main.ads --all -o html/
>>
>> Theoretically the --all switch should cause html generation for all
>> withed files (in gnatmake fashion?) but in my case I get a single file
>> for the main.ads unit. Supplying -wD doesn't show anything, nor any
>> error is reported.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> Follow-up: I've temporarily work-arounded the previous using a shell
> script, but I'm still curious.
>
> Apart from that, every file is taking about 2 minutes to be generated in
> a fairly recent computer with lots of memory. We are talking about 400
> .adt files. Is this a normal speed?

Follow-up: I've resolved the time issue passing all the files in a
single -f @list parameter. The time is still 2 minutes but for
generating *all* files and not each one.

The --all issue still bugs me.