* GPS and Fedora Core 3 - no /dev/pty??
@ 2005-01-22  2:19 Dr. Adrian Wrigley
From: Dr. Adrian Wrigley @ 2005-01-22  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys!

I just installed gps 2.1.0 on a Fedora Core 3 (i686) system,
but have run into the problem running in the debugger:

(gdb) run input.txt
/dev/ptypd: No such file or directory.

Program exited with code 01.
You can't do that without a process to debug.
(gdb)

This problem has been encountered by others, but no solution
seems to have been found.

See:

http://lists.adacore.com/pipermail/gps-users/2004-December/000318.html
http://lists.adacore.com/pipermail/gps-users/2004-December/000306.html

Does anyone here know the answer?

Thanks in advance!
--
Adrian

* Re: GPS and Fedora Core 3 - no /dev/pty??
@ 2005-01-24 11:29 ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2005-01-24 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dr. Adrian Wrigley wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I just installed gps 2.1.0 on a Fedora Core 3 (i686) system,
> but have run into the problem running in the debugger:
>
> (gdb) run input.txt
> /dev/ptypd: No such file or directory.
>

> Program exited with code 01.
> You can't do that without a process to debug.
> (gdb)
>
> This problem has been encountered by others, but no solution
> seems to have been found.
>
> See:
>
> http://lists.adacore.com/pipermail/gps-users/2004-December/000318.html
> http://lists.adacore.com/pipermail/gps-users/2004-December/000306.html

Just for the record, this happens as well in Mandrake 10.0

> Does anyone here know the answer?

Not here. Fortunately I haven't had the need to use the debugger lately
;) But sure I'm interested too.