* A source code search engine
@ 2004-11-09 17:44 Lionel Draghi
From: Lionel Draghi @ 2004-11-09 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.koders.com/ is an interresting search engine for free
licensed code.

Unfortunatly, Ada is not yet listed in the 16 supported languages.

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2004-11-09 19:11 ` stephane richard
From: stephane richard @ 2004-11-09 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Lionel Draghi" <Lionel.nospam.Draghi@Ada-France.org> wrote in message
> http://www.koders.com/ is an interresting search engine for free licensed
> code.
>
> Unfortunatly, Ada is not yet listed in the 16 supported languages.

And now is the time we find out if they are open to improvements :-).  I
just requested the addition of the Ada programming language in their search
facilities.  Stated a few sites where they can find source code and
enphasized the existence of a considerable pool of Ada source code
equivalent to most other languages out there if they "know" how to search
(much more politely of course ;-)  but we'll see what happens...I'll keep
everyone posted here.

 Stephane Richard
 "Ada World" webmaster
 http://www.adaworld.com

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2004-11-10  8:13   ` Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-11-10  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

stephane richard wrote:
> "Lionel Draghi" <Lionel.nospam.Draghi@Ada-France.org> wrote in message
>
>>http://www.koders.com/ is an interresting search engine for free licensed
>>code.
>>
>>Unfortunatly, Ada is not yet listed in the 16 supported languages.
>

> And now is the time we find out if they are open to improvements :-).  I
> just requested the addition of the Ada programming language in their search
> facilities.  Stated a few sites where they can find source code and
> enphasized the existence of a considerable pool of Ada source code
> equivalent to most other languages out there if they "know" how to search
> (much more politely of course ;-)  but we'll see what happens...I'll keep
> everyone posted here.
>
>  Stephane Richard
>  "Ada World" webmaster
>  http://www.adaworld.com

Maybe it helps a little, but yesterday I requested addition of the Ada too.

Szymon Guz

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2004-11-13  1:49     ` stephane richard
From: stephane richard @ 2004-11-13  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just to let you guys know.  I've gotten a reply to my request to add Ada to
his search engine.  Perhaps others got this reply too. But Just in case,
and/or for those who haven't contacted them yet. I'm including his reply
below:

>Hi Stephane,
>
>Ada support is certainly on the roadmap. We have many languages to add and
>we're going to try to >support as many as possible. As far as a deadline,
>I'm unable to offer you anything concrete.
>
>Regards,
>Ankur

So it's just a question of time :-).  Soon enough, Ada will be there.

Stephane Richard
"Ada World" webmaster
http://www.adaworld.com

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2005-01-12 20:08 Lionel Draghi
From: Lionel Draghi @ 2005-01-12 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Koders source code search engine is now Ada enabled:
http://www.koders.com/

--
Lionel Draghi

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2005-01-13 10:18 ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 2005-01-13 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lionel Draghi <Lionel.nospam.Draghi@ada-france.org> wrote:
> The Koders source code search engine is now Ada enabled:
> http://www.koders.com/

Do you have an Ada related example?
I guess the Ada basket there is still empty. (?)

--
--Peter Hermann(49)0711-685-3611 fax3758 ica2ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
--Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2005-01-13 10:22   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2005-01-13 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Peter Hermann:

> Lionel Draghi <Lionel.nospam.Draghi@ada-france.org> wrote:
>> The Koders source code search engine is now Ada enabled:
>> http://www.koders.com/
>
> Do you have an Ada related example?

"Unchecked_Deallocation", of course. 8-)

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2005-01-13 13:49   ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2005-01-13 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

This website is still in the Beta testing stage, and apparantly they need to
get some bugs out of the database. I was not able to locate ANY source code
on this site. For this stage of the beta testing, the site appears to be the
software equivalent of the Monty Python cheese shop sketch.

* Re: A source code search engine
@ 2005-01-13 21:46     ` Lionel Draghi
From: Lionel Draghi @ 2005-01-13 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank J. Lhota a ï¿œcrit :
> This website is still in the Beta testing stage, and apparantly they need to
> get some bugs out of the database. I was not able to locate ANY source code
> on this site. For this stage of the beta testing, the site appears to be the
> software equivalent of the Monty Python cheese shop sketch.

OK, so it seem's that I was the only one to have no problem with this
site! :-)

I tested it with "socket", "component", "Task_Identification", "GUI",
and don't remember which other search.

It works, and the source are well colourized. Other sources from the
same project are available in the menu on the left. See for example this :
http://www.koders.com/ada/fid574B57F47EC93CED098C13CF73CC24D4BA3A31D5.aspx?s=task_identification

As far as I see, it's operational enough...

--
Lionel