* Exceptions Not Working Under High Sierra
@ 2022-10-23  4:36 Roger Mc
From: Roger Mc @ 2022-10-23  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

OSX 10.13.6
Xcode 10.1
GNAT Community 2021 (20210519)

On my MacBook Air which is restricted to OSX 10.13.6 Ada Exceptions produce
Execution terminated by abort of environment task
instead of the standard exception message
I reinstalled Command Line Tools but this didn't improve matters.

Any advice on overcoming this problem will be appreciated.

* Re: Exceptions Not Working Under High Sierra
@ 2022-10-23  6:33 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2022-10-23  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Roger Mc <rogermcm2@gmail.com> writes:

> OSX 10.13.6
> Xcode 10.1
> GNAT Community 2021 (20210519)
>
> On my MacBook Air which is restricted to OSX 10.13.6 Ada Exceptions produce
> Execution terminated by abort of environment task
> instead of the standard exception message
> I reinstalled Command Line Tools but this didn't improve matters.
>
> Any advice on overcoming this problem will be appreciated.

Does your project by any chance involve C++? I had problems related to
clang++ vs g++ which I wrote up here:
https://forward-in-code.blogspot.com/2022/03/gnat-llvm.html

* Re: Exceptions Not Working Under High Sierra
@ 2022-10-23 10:57   ` Roger Mc
From: Roger Mc @ 2022-10-23 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 5:34:07 PM UTC+11, Simon Wright wrote:
> Roger Mc <roge...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > OSX 10.13.6
> > Xcode 10.1
> > GNAT Community 2021 (20210519)
> >
> > On my MacBook Air which is restricted to OSX 10.13.6 Ada Exceptions produce
> > Execution terminated by abort of environment task
> > instead of the standard exception message
> > I reinstalled Command Line Tools but this didn't improve matters.
> >
> > Any advice on overcoming this problem will be appreciated.
> Does your project by any chance involve C++? I had problems related to
> clang++ vs g++ which I wrote up here:
> https://forward-in-code.blogspot.com/2022/03/gnat-llvm.html

No C++ code but interfaces to C via pragmas

GPS 19.1 (20190106) hosted on x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0