* Has anyone here used libAgar?
@ 2013-11-09 12:52 Kevin Keith
From: Kevin Keith @ 2013-11-09 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

If so, would you recommend it? Are the bindings to it complete?

* Re: Has anyone here used libAgar?
@ 2013-11-14 12:53 ` Marius Amado-Alves
From: Marius Amado-Alves @ 2013-11-14 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I plan to look at Agar, but no precise schedule yet. I and Vargas plan to bind SDL. Again, no precise schedule. We have a couple things up on sourceforge and bitbucket. Anyone welcome, as critical mass needed. Just shoot us an email.

State of SDL binding is as follows. Vargas's binding works, but is for SDL 1. SDL is now at 2. The SDL files from Libre AdaCore look empty. All bindings are thin yet. I plan to automate the thin binding process using dumpadaspec(?) tool of GCC.

* Re: Has anyone here used libAgar?
@ 2013-11-15 16:30   ` slos
From: slos @ 2013-11-15 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le jeudi 14 novembre 2013 13:53:35 UTC+1, Marius Amado-Alves a écrit :
> I plan to look at Agar, but no precise schedule yet. I and Vargas plan to bind SDL. Again, no precise schedule. We have a couple things up on sourceforge and bitbucket. Anyone welcome, as critical mass needed. Just shoot us an email.
>

> State of SDL binding is as follows. Vargas's binding works, but is for SDL 1. SDL is now at 2. The SDL files from Libre AdaCore look empty. All bindings are thin yet. I plan to automate the thin binding process using dumpadaspec(?) tool of GCC.

Well, it may look empty but it works it seems :
http://university.adacore.com/courses/lessons/a-bouncing-ball/

* Re: Has anyone here used libAgar?
@ 2013-11-15 17:30     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2013-11-15 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

slos <new.stephane.los@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le jeudi 14 novembre 2013 13:53:35 UTC+1, Marius Amado-Alves a écrit :
>> I plan to look at Agar, but no precise schedule yet. I and Vargas plan
>> to bind SDL. Again, no precise schedule. We have a couple things up on
>> sourceforge and bitbucket. Anyone welcome, as critical mass needed. Just
>> shoot us an email.
>>

>> State of SDL binding is as follows. Vargas's binding works, but is for
>> SDL 1. SDL is now at 2. The SDL files from Libre AdaCore look empty. All
>> bindings are thin yet. I plan to automate the thin binding process using
>> dumpadaspec(?) tool of GCC.
>
> Well, it may look empty but it works it seems :
> http://university.adacore.com/courses/lessons/a-bouncing-ball/

You might want to wait as I'm almost done binding SDL 2

* Re: Has anyone here used libAgar?
@ 2013-12-06 19:36       ` Wesley Pan
From: Wesley Pan @ 2013-12-06 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, November 15, 2013 9:30:53 AM UTC-8, Luke A. Guest wrote:

> You might want to wait as I'm almost done binding SDL 2

Hi Luke,

Do you have an estimate on when the new SDL 2 binding will be available? I'm very eager to take a look at it. =)

Thanks!

-Wesley

* Re: Has anyone here used libAgar?
@ 2013-12-08 19:42         ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2013-12-08 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, 6 December 2013 19:36:05 UTC, Wesley Pan  wrote:

> Hi Luke,
>
> Do you have an estimate on when the new SDL 2 binding will be available? I'm very eager to take a look at it. =)

Yeah, it's gone a bit slower than I wanted. I've got two weeks off from tomorrow, so I'm aiming on getting it up within this time. It will be alpha. I will probably skip the pixel access stuff for now, just so people can use GL at least.

Then sort through the API to make sure it's consistent and then make sure I've got some tests in place to check consistency with the C lib and the bindings.

The initial release will be compilable on Linux and (should be) Windows using GNAT (not tested).