* Threefish-256
@ 2020-02-16 16:46 Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2020-02-16 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have made an implementation of the Threefish-256 encryption algorithm
available at https://github.com/jrcarter/Threefish in the hope that some will
find it useful. While I think it's correct, I cannot be sure, and would
appreciate additional people inspecting it for errors.

"We call your door-opening request a silly thing."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

* Re: Threefish-256
@ 2020-02-23  4:41 ` Optikos
From: Optikos @ 2020-02-23  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 10:46:37 AM UTC-6, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> I have made an implementation of the Threefish-256 encryption algorithm
> available at https://github.com/jrcarter/Threefish in the hope that some will
> find it useful. While I think it's correct, I cannot be sure, and would
> appreciate additional people inspecting it for errors.
>
> --
> Jeff Carter
> "We call your door-opening request a silly thing."
> Monty Python & the Holy Grail
> 17

I would think that finding more than 2 other languages' implementations of the same version of the same algorithm would provide a system of voting which implementations produce identical outputs for identical inputs.  If your implementation conforms to multiple other implementations on various platforms/ISAs/endianness, then it is likely correct.  If your implementation is the odd man out with multiple of the others producing identical output that is different than yours, then an opportunity for investigation.

C#, .NET CIR, C, Java, and Go implementations:
https://www.schneier.com/academic/skein/threefish.html

Haskell implementation:
https://github.com/valderman/threefish

Java implementation in a Java crypto community, including KAT test:
https://github.com/bmalkow/java-bc-threefish