* Re: DOS ALSYS ADA and DOS=HIGH
@ 1994-09-08 13:45 Rick Ballard
From: Rick Ballard @ 1994-09-08 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dewar

On 2 Sep 1994 11:17:42 -0400,
Robert Dewar  <dewar@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

>I would be interested in knowing if you had originally contacted Alsys
>support on this question. It is the sort of thing that I would expect
>them to be able to provide quick help with no hassle.

My 6 volumes of documentation do not include the 1-800 support number. I
finally got an email reply providing an email address for an apparent
support person at ALSYS, who was very helpful. I now have the 1-800 number,
but have not yet had occasion to try it.

So, I actually did not contact ALSYS first. I assumed they read CLA, since
I saw a note from thier legal department on the newsgroup earlier.

--
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+
| Rick Ballard                | Email: ballard@atl.sofkin.ca|

* Re: DOS ALSYS ADA and DOS=HIGH
@ 1994-09-06 14:28 Bob Wells #402
From: Bob Wells #402 @ 1994-09-06 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar <dewar@CS.NYU.EDU> writes..

> I would be interested in knowing if you had originally contacted Alsys
> support on this question. It is the sort of thing that I would expect
> them to be able to provide quick help with no hassle.

G'day Robert,
I too had this problem with the Alsys FirstAda compiler in early '93 and
depending on which Alsys office you contacted the quality of the "support"
varied wildly. Alsys UK were very helpful with this problem but were
unable to help with a Ada/C I/F tasking problem. Alsys US, particularly
Mindy Standley were very helpful and organized the supply of a run-time
patch very quickly.

Due to where the final customer for the system was situated, there was
one other Alsys branch involved and I'm afraid that their "support" (or
lack thereof) left a lot to be desired. Thankkfully, the other two offices
more than made up for this!

BTW I had privately emailed the author of the original post, and suggested
that he contact Mindy. The solution was provided quickly and efficiently.

Total change of channel!

Does "Rev'd" stand for revolved, reviled, referred, revolted, reverred,
etc.?

  Bob Wells               "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
                             latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes."
@ INTERNET: wel@eurocontrol.de                 Compu$erve:      100272,3004
@ The Ada WWW Server is http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/                 Team Ada
@ For exciting Ada info enter 'finger wel@s4ecawel.eurocontrol.de'