* Re: Re: Pascal vs. C (vs Ada)
@ 1985-01-28 21:22 Jan Steinman
From: Jan Steinman @ 1985-01-28 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Sorry for burdening the net with this, but our Postmaster couldn't seem to
 find this person.  This is an answer to a reply to one of my net postings
 which, come to think of it, may be of general interest.]

: From: jans@mako (Jan Steinman)
: To: usc-ecl.arpa:blarson%ecld@tektronix!uw-beaver!
: Subject: Re: Pascal vs. C
:
: > I was going to send a flame, but forest fires don't fit over the net well.
: > Ada is one of the two worst languages I have ever seen.
:
: You forgot to add, "in my opinion".  Perhaps you can explain your opinion
: better?  Have you actually used the language, or is your opinion based on
: "seeing" it?  (whatever that is)
:
: I don't claim Ada is an end-all, and I'll certainly admit it has some
: problems, but I still feel it fills a need.  And regardless of what you or I
: think, it will be used and will be a major force in computing.  Whether one
: likes it or not, there are gobs of money in it for those who bother to learn
: and use it, instead of simply "flame throwing".
:
: > Care to guess what the other is?
:
: No, not really.
:
--
:::::: Jan Steinman		Box 1000, MS 61-161	(w)503/685-2843 ::::::
:::::: tektronix!tekecs!jans	Wilsonville, OR 97070	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::

only message in thread, other threads:[~1985-01-28 21:22 UTC | newest]