* GPS Breakpoint Error witing debugging an Ada program
@ 2016-01-05 12:27 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-01-05 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my Ada program I want a breakpoint within an if statement. In the
Breakpoint Editor I can find that breakpoint as nr 4 on line 325. When
running the debugger It stops on line 327, just without the if statement. I
tried to delete the breakpoint and positioning it again, deleting the exe
file and compiling my program, but nothing helps. What can I do?

Ldries46

* Re: GPS Breakpoint Error witing debugging an Ada program
@ 2016-01-05 12:51 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2016-01-05 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl> writes:

> In my Ada program I want a breakpoint within an if statement. In the
> Breakpoint Editor I can find that breakpoint as nr 4 on line 325. When
> running the debugger It stops on line 327, just without the if
> statement. I tried to delete the breakpoint and positioning it again,
> deleting the exe file and compiling my program, but nothing
> helps. What can I do?

Are you compiling without optimisation? (-O0)

You could try adding dummy statements around the code on line 325?

* Re: GPS Breakpoint Error witing debugging an Ada program
@ 2016-01-06 11:31   ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2016-01-06 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was using no optimazation. I was already using one dummy statement within
the if statement because I had to know if the if statement worked correctly.
Putting a second dummy statement in the body of the if statement was a
solution

"Simon Wright"  schreef in bericht news:ly37ucmbpa.fsf@pushface.org...