* From Google News
@ 2019-09-14  8:32 Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2019-09-14  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

This showed up on the sidebar of Google News today:

https://hackaday.com/2019/09/10/why-ada-is-the-language-you-want-to-be-programming-your-systems-with/

I have my browser set to to delete or prevent cookies and other trackers, so
either Google has found a way around this or this is considered general news.

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy,
and I bet he was glad to get rid of it."
Horse Feathers

* Re: From Google News
@ 2019-09-14 18:01 ` onox
From: onox @ 2019-09-14 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:32:59 AM UTC+2, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> This showed up on the sidebar of Google News today:
>
> https://hackaday.com/2019/09/10/why-ada-is-the-language-you-want-to-be-programming-your-systems-with/
>
> I have my browser set to to delete or prevent cookies and other trackers, so
> either Google has found a way around this or this is considered general news.
>
> --
> Jeff Carter
> "You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy,
> and I bet he was glad to get rid of it."
> Horse Feathers
> 47

This link was also posted a few days ago on Hacker News: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20930652

So I would say general news :)

* Re: From Google News
@ 2019-09-16 19:16   ` Optikos
From: Optikos @ 2019-09-16 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 1:01:47 PM UTC-5, onox wrote:
> On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:32:59 AM UTC+2, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> > This showed up on the sidebar of Google News today:
> >
> > https://hackaday.com/2019/09/10/why-ada-is-the-language-you-want-to-be-programming-your-systems-with/
> >
> > I have my browser set to to delete or prevent cookies and other trackers, so
> > either Google has found a way around this or this is considered general news.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Carter
> > "You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy,
> > and I bet he was glad to get rid of it."
> > Horse Feathers
> > 47
>
> This link was also posted a few days ago on Hacker News: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20930652
>
> So I would say general news :)

As quoted from the article:
“An LLVM-based toolchain is also in the works, currently using the DragonEgg project.”

This quotation indicates that this article was written multiple years ago, back before DragonEgg was aborted.  Does anyone know from whence the original article came years ago (to be resurrected as copy-pasta in 2019)?

* Re: From Google News
@ 2019-09-17  7:42     ` Mark Lorenzen
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2019-09-17  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 9:16:22 PM UTC+2, Optikos wrote:
> On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 1:01:47 PM UTC-5, onox wrote:
> > On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:32:59 AM UTC+2, Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> > > This showed up on the sidebar of Google News today:
> > >
> > > https://hackaday.com/2019/09/10/why-ada-is-the-language-you-want-to-be-programming-your-systems-with/
> > >
> > > I have my browser set to to delete or prevent cookies and other trackers, so
> > > either Google has found a way around this or this is considered general news.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jeff Carter
> > > "You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy,
> > > and I bet he was glad to get rid of it."
> > > Horse Feathers
> > > 47
> >
> > This link was also posted a few days ago on Hacker News: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20930652
> >
> > So I would say general news :)
>
> As quoted from the article:
> “An LLVM-based toolchain is also in the works, currently using the DragonEgg project.”
>
> This quotation indicates that this article was written multiple years ago, back before DragonEgg was aborted.  Does anyone know from whence the original article came years ago (to be resurrected as copy-pasta in 2019)?

I think AdaCore is actively working on a GNAT front-end for LLVM.

/Mark L

* Re: From Google News
@ 2019-09-17  9:45       ` fabien.chouteau
From: fabien.chouteau @ 2019-09-17  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 9:42:25 AM UTC+2, Mark Lorenzen wrote:
> I think AdaCore is actively working on a GNAT front-end for LLVM.

We are. Stay tuned to blog.adacore.com for more info in a couple of weeks.

* Re: From Google News
@ 2019-10-02 14:05         ` charlet
From: charlet @ 2019-10-02 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is now live: https://blog.adacore.com/combining-gnat-with-llvm