From: "björn lundin" <b.f.lundin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: addr2line i mingw gcc 4.4.0
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:50:52 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-27T11:50:52-07:00	[thread overview]

On 27 Juni, 18:24, sjw <simon.j.wri...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jun 27, 12:28 pm, Stephen Leake <stephen_le...@stephe-leake.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:
> > > So, I think you can have symbolic tracebacks in mingw in one of two
> > > ways: patch binutils to build libaddr2line.a then link libgnat against
> > > it; or patch libgnat to use the same method as on Debian.

Hmm, this is way over my head...

> > A third alternative is to output numeric traceback from the failing
> > program, and then use addr2line (the program) to get the symbolic
> > traceback in a separate manual step.

This I recognize. I had to do this with the Gnat pro 5.Something,
on AIX, before the symbolic traceback was fixed there, a couple of
years ago.
This seems to be the most reasonably approach at this time.

> On Darwin, there's a native program atos which does the same as
> addr2line.
>
> If your target is VxWorks symbolic tracebacks don't work at all;

My target is Windows on x86 but thanks for the heads up

Reason I'm not using the gnat gpl version is that I try to use
the same compiler-suite for the ada code as wells as the c++ code.
This is now on visual studio, but I think its overkill for 5 c++ files
compared to 2000+ ada-files.

Or I just have to have 2 different gcc onboard, GPL for ada and FSF
for c++.
But it's not ideal.

Thank you all for the input

/Björn