* Compilation switches by file
@ 2005-01-20 23:02 danmcleran
From: danmcleran @ 2005-01-20 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using GNAT 3.15p along with some AI302 stuff. I ran into a problem
because my gnat.adc file had the following pragma

pragma Restrictions(No_Recursion);

But, it seems that some of the AI302 stuff uses recursion. I'd like to
compile my stuff with one set of restrictions, while compiling the
AI302 stuff under a different set of restrictions. Are Gnat project
files the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

* Re: Compilation switches by file
@ 2005-01-21  4:40 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2005-01-21  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

danmcleran@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm using GNAT 3.15p along with some AI302 stuff. I ran into a problem
> because my gnat.adc file had the following pragma
>
> pragma Restrictions(No_Recursion);
>
> But, it seems that some of the AI302 stuff uses recursion. I'd like to
> compile my stuff with one set of restrictions, while compiling the
> AI302 stuff under a different set of restrictions. Are Gnat project
> files the easiest way to do this?

Yes. See the reference manual; it has the complete syntax for the
project files. The user guide is just a tutorial.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Compilation switches by file
@ 2005-01-21  8:10 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-01-21  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

danmcleran@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm using GNAT 3.15p along with some AI302 stuff. I ran into a problem
> because my gnat.adc file had the following pragma
>
> pragma Restrictions(No_Recursion);
>
> But, it seems that some of the AI302 stuff uses recursion. I'd like to
> compile my stuff with one set of restrictions, while compiling the
> AI302 stuff under a different set of restrictions. Are Gnat project
> files the easiest way to do this?

Yes Project files allow for option to be set on a per package basis. But
there must be a reason why your project has disalowed recursion - check
with your prject manager first ;-) .

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net