From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: help
Date: 1998/12/07
Date: 1998-12-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <74gj9a$c9n@wendy.mad.servicom.es>,
  "Salvador" <tricia@mx3.redestb.es> wrote:
> I'm a beginner in this and I mus know how I have to do for compiling a
> program with separates (with subproblems). A few days ago I tried to compile

I assume you are talking about separate subprograms.

> a program for countin the number of words that apears in a sentence, first I
> compiled the main program, then I compiled the subprograms, after this I
> built the main program and then I runned it. The black screen apears, I
> write the sentence ended by a period, but there's no answer, please, what I
> have to do?

If you compiled and linked without error, then the problem probably has
nothing to do with separates. That being the case, you really haven't given
any information for us to work with. I'm guessing you probably got an
exception. But "The black screen" means nothing to anyone if we don't know
what compiler you are using and/or what CPU/OS it is running on.

I'd suggest stepping through your code in a debugger to see which line causes
the problem. If your code is short, you could also try to post it here.

--
T.E.D.