* Re: gnat docs
@ 1998-12-16  0:00 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 1998-12-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Morgan wrote in message <87lnk8owt0.fsf@mihalis.ix.netcom.com>...

>Since GNAT 3.11p is "due" out any minute, I went and took a look at my
>GNAT documents. It turns out I've been getting by with drafts of the
>documents from GNAT 3.07 dated November 1996, so when the 3.11 release
>finally hits the net I'd like to get the latest documentation printed
>off.
>
>I was just thinking that presumably a lot of other GNAT users will do
>the same, and I have a question : could we get a nicely printed and
>bound batch of these done (maybe by the FSF?). I'd pay typical FSF
>prices for each which I understand produces a modest profit for
>them. I like to sit on my couch and read sharply printed text, so
>html, info and .txt files aren't sufficient!
>
>The public release of GNAT is now on a similar or slower timescale to
>things like Java or Perl which O'Reilly manages to keep tabs on with
>commercial titles, but I do realise the GNAT user community is
>somewhat smaller, hence my idea that a FSF-type print-run may be
>justifiable.

There are Postscript versions of the documents in the distribution, and
Ghostscript, a three-hole punch, and a three-ring binder put together a
sharply-printed text that goes pretty well with a couch!

* gnat docs
@ 1998-12-16  0:00 Chris Morgan
From: Chris Morgan @ 1998-12-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

Thanks,

Chris
--
Chris Morgan <mihalis at ix.netcom.com>		http://www.mihalis.net
	         "At least my mother isn't on the

* Re: gnat docs
@ 1998-12-17  0:00   ` Chris Morgan
From: Chris Morgan @ 1998-12-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> writes:

> There are Postscript versions of the documents in the distribution, and
> Ghostscript, a three-hole punch, and a three-ring binder put together a
> sharply-printed text that goes pretty well with a couch!

yes I know that, my current documentation is postscript printed, but I
prefer the proper binding and the smaller page size of the FSF printed
books, obviously ymmv.

--

@ 1998-12-18  0:00 ` dewar
From: dewar @ 1998-12-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <87lnk8owt0.fsf@mihalis.ix.netcom.com>,
  Chris Morgan <mihalis@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> them. I like to sit on my couch and read sharply printed
> text, so
> html, info and .txt files aren't sufficient!

Note that the documentation is also distributed in
postscript form, suitable for immediate high quality
printing.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies