* ada-auth.org problems?
@ 2005-05-18 23:24 Adam Beneschan
From: Adam Beneschan @ 2005-05-18 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can get to the AI-SUMMARY.HTML page of www.ada-auth.org, but I can't
get any of the AI's there---it times out.  This has been the case for
the last 24 hours, maybe a bit less.  Are others having this problem?
Have the AI's moved, or does something just need to be fixed?

                                  -- thanks, Adam

* Re: ada-auth.org problems?
@ 2005-05-18 23:53 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2005-05-18 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Adam Beneschan" <adam@irvine.com> writes:

> I can get to the AI-SUMMARY.HTML page of www.ada-auth.org, but I can't
> get any of the AI's there---it times out.  This has been the case for
> the last 24 hours, maybe a bit less.  Are others having this problem?

Yes, I am.

> Have the AI's moved, or does something just need to be fixed?

Nothing's moved.  I think the site is just down for the moment.

- Bob

* Re: ada-auth.org problems?
@ 2005-05-19 20:15   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2005-05-19 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Robert A Duff" <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote in message
> "Adam Beneschan" <adam@irvine.com> writes:
>
> > I can get to the AI-SUMMARY.HTML page of www.ada-auth.org, but I can't
> > get any of the AI's there---it times out.  This has been the case for
> > the last 24 hours, maybe a bit less.  Are others having this problem?
>
> Yes, I am.

It's working now. I understand that the machine locked up for some reason,
and they (OCS) rebooted it, then assumed everything was fixed. But the
reboot didn't reload the routing tables, so it didn't respond to the IP
associated with ada-auth.org. Thus it appeared dead to all of us.

* OT: Re: ada-auth.org problems?
@ 2005-05-19 21:06     ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2005-05-19 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> rebooted it, then assumed everything was fixed. But the
> reboot didn't reload the routing tables, so it didn't respond to
   Somebody should do the world a favor by dedicating some machines
to periodically try various web sites, ISPs, etc etc and page the
appropriate person when something is down.  :(

* Re: ada-auth.org problems?
@ 2005-06-15  0:44     ` Adam Beneschan
From: Adam Beneschan @ 2005-06-15  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Brukardt wrote:
> "Robert A Duff" <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com> wrote in message
> > "Adam Beneschan" <adam@irvine.com> writes:
> >
> > > I can get to the AI-SUMMARY.HTML page of www.ada-auth.org, but I can't
> > > get any of the AI's there---it times out.  This has been the case for
> > > the last 24 hours, maybe a bit less.  Are others having this problem?
> >
> > Yes, I am.
>
> It's working now. I understand that the machine locked up for some reason,
> and they (OCS) rebooted it, then assumed everything was fixed. But the
> reboot didn't reload the routing tables, so it didn't respond to the IP
> associated with ada-auth.org. Thus it appeared dead to all of us.

Aaaack, it appears to be dead again.

                                     -- Adam

* Re: ada-auth.org problems?
@ 2005-06-15 18:53       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2005-06-15 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Adam Beneschan" <adam@irvine.com> wrote in message
> Randy Brukardt wrote:
> > It's working now. I understand that the machine locked up for some
reason,
> > and they (OCS) rebooted it, then assumed everything was fixed. But the
> > reboot didn't reload the routing tables, so it didn't respond to the IP
> > associated with ada-auth.org. Thus it appeared dead to all of us.
>
> Aaaack, it appears to be dead again.

I'm told OCS's building lost power all day Monday, which caused lots of
problems. The machine appeared to be working yesterday afternoon, but now it
is not. So I've sent another help request.