* How do i configure AdaGIDE to use the GNAT compiler?
@ 2004-09-26 13:27 GlesgaMick
       [not found] ` <h50el0573c7r52q8fqqq55snbcordep4eq@4ax.com>
From: GlesgaMick @ 2004-09-26 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

ok, i use windows ME, i installed "gnat-3.15p-nt.exe" to D:\GNAT.  then i
installed AdaGIDE to that directory (as instructed at setup).  i create a
simple "Hello, World!" program to test that its working. ie:

--start code
with Ada.Text_Io;
procedure Hello is
begin
   Ada.Text_Io.Put_Line("Hello world!");
end Hello;
--end code

when i click "compile" i get the message:

Compiling...
gnat1: invalid switch: 2
Completed.

i can use gnatmake from the command line and it works, so how do i
configure GIDE to work, so i can just click?

* Re: How do i configure AdaGIDE to use the GNAT compiler?
       [not found] ` <h50el0573c7r52q8fqqq55snbcordep4eq@4ax.com>
@ 2004-09-27 17:45   ` GlesgaMick
       [not found]     ` <femhl0t1cfvoa8jj7tnialpdn17fkopem2@4ax.com>
From: GlesgaMick @ 2004-09-27 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

ok, but clicking build still generates the errors from 'compile' and a few
errors of its own it says the .ali file is missing?  and doesn't generate
an exe file... it works on the college computers but i can't find any
differences in my settings from their's even under Tools>GNAT options for
current directory.

@ 2004-09-30 10:46 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2004-09-30 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

GlesgaMick schrieb:

> ok, i use windows ME, i installed "gnat-3.15p-nt.exe" to D:\GNAT.  then i
> installed AdaGIDE to that directory (as instructed at setup).  i create a
> simple "Hello, World!" program to test that its working. ie:

First of all - which version of AdaGide do you use? There may be
different behaviour between different versions.

Where did you store your "Hello world" example? Sometimes there are
problems when the path contains blanks in the name (e.g. "Program
Files"). What is the name and extension of the file?

AG sets the parameters to gcc depending from what is stored in the files
"gnat.ago" (in the current directory) and "AdaGIDE.ini" (in the
directory where the AdaGIDE.exe is located). So you can try to delete
these both files (make a backup before) and see whether it works then.

To send me mail, please replace "Spam" by "Jedermann"

@ 2004-09-30 12:15 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2004-09-30 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

GlesgaMick schrieb:

> ok, i use windows ME, i installed "gnat-3.15p-nt.exe" to D:\GNAT.  then i
> installed AdaGIDE to that directory (as instructed at setup).  i create a
> simple "Hello, World!" program to test that its working. ie:

Another hint, rename the gcc.exe in the "\GNAT\bin" directory. If
AdaGide cannot find it then it pops up a dialogbox showing the
commandline it tries. Either you can find an error there or you can post
it here so we can have a look at it.

@ 2004-10-02 12:46       ` GlesgaMick
From: GlesgaMick @ 2004-10-02 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

ok, i solved the problem by buying a text book which had a free CD_ROM with
gnat and AdaGide, it did all the installling for me and i can now compile
from withing the Gide, but i have another question, no wthat my quest for
learning Ada is under way... i'll post it at the top...