From: merlin@annwfn.com (Fred McCall)
Subject: Re: Student views on Ada
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 1994 07:48:49 -0400
Date: 1994-10-04T07:48:49-04:00	[thread overview]

In <364b4d$itf@felix.seas.gwu.edu> mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu Michael Feldman writes:

>I'm getting a little bored - and I'm sure you must be, too - with the
>blatant religious argument, unsupported by facts or controlled studies.
>[...] It's time to cut the endless language war and get back
>to work.

Quite.  As I'm sure you recall, I periodically display annoyance at this
religious attitude toward 'Language A' or 'Language B'.

>How does this relate to the mandate? A bit. DoD pays the piper, so DoD
>has the privilege of calling the tune. If DoD prefers Ada, so be it.
>Those contractors who don't like this are welcome to find another line
>of work. The ball is in DoD's court to state its preference and make
>sure it is getting what our money is paying for.

Unfortunately, it isn't.  The ball is in Congress' court, so long as the
Mandate law is on the books.  Right now, DoD doesn't have a lot of
choice, either.

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live
 in the real world."   -- Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden