* Is there a tool that removes "use"s from a file ?
@ 2001-12-17  7:34 Patrick Hohmeyer
From: Patrick Hohmeyer @ 2001-12-17  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm experienting with AdaGtk and it looks very nice,
but there are a lot of use clauses in the exemples.

As I want to know the different packages,
it would be a lot better if they weren't there
and I could see directly from which package is what.

Now, is there a tool that removes the use clauses
and plaes the correct package name in front of everything?

Maybe a GNAT-switch?

If not, does anybody know which part of the GNAT-sources
does the package association, so that I could borrow this code
to write such a tool?

And would such a tool interrest somebody?

--
Patrick Hohmeyer

* Re: Is there a tool that removes "use"s from a file ?
@ 2001-12-17  9:10 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2001-12-17  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

On 17/12, Patrick Hohmeyer wrote:

| If not, does anybody know which part of the GNAT-sources
| does the package association, so that I could borrow this code
| to write such a tool?
|
| And would such a tool interrest somebody?

Sure, this would be interesting. However, I would not recommend that you
modify GNAT for this purpose, you should use ASIS instead.

  Sam

PS/ if you are not familiar with ASIS, look at
    http://www.acm.org/sigada/wg/asiswg/asiswg.html

* Re: Is there a tool that removes "use"s from a file ?
@ 2001-12-17 13:27 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2001-12-17 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Hohmeyer <pi3_1415926536@yahoo.ca> wrote:

: As I want to know the different packages,
: it would be a lot better if they weren't there
: and I could see directly from which package is what.

You might also be interested in the source code browsing
features of your IDE; e.g. Emacs-Ada mode + GNAT ali files.
Or Understand 4 Ada.

Georg

* Re: Is there a tool that removes "use"s from a file ?
@ 2001-12-17 16:50 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2001-12-17 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

It would be nice if there is one. However, I do not believe that it exists. I am currently working on it using ASIS 95 while increasing my understanding of ASIS 95.

Anh Vo

>>> pi3_1415926536@yahoo.ca 12/16/01 11:34PM >>>

@ 2001-12-18  0:27 ` Steven Hovater
From: Steven Hovater @ 2001-12-18  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Ada Analyzer (built using ASIS) that works with Raitonal Apex does this
nicely.
(Ada Analyzer is a product of Little Tree Software.)

Steve

@ 2001-12-18  1:26 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2001-12-18  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

I meant the public version. By the way, does it work for Ada 95 source code?

Anh Vo

>>> nh-ho@mediaone.net 12/17/01 04:27PM >>>

@ 2001-12-21 20:04 ` Steven Hovater