From: srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: KUDOS and hats off to Rational !!!!!!!!
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 15:50:01 GMT
Date: 1994-09-12T15:50:01+00:00	[thread overview]

      Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
      (The sound of someone who has been holding their breath for three years
      suddenly letting go.  Boy does it feel good.)

      Are my eyes deceiving me?  Is one of my fervant Ada bitches coming true?
HAS HELL FROZE OVER??????

      But yes, in the October 1994 issue of Software Development, page 28,
the following phrase appeared:

	"...Because everything from Rational Rose to Rational Rose/C++ to
	Rational Rose/Ada is designed to ensure the success of your
	software development."

read it again.

	"...Because everything from Rational Rose to Rational Rose/C++ to
	Rational Rose/Ada is designed to ensure the success of your
	software development."

Yes, in a public ad in a relevant publication, Rational finally mentioned C++
and Ada on equal footing.  YES, YES, YES.  Admittedly five years too late,
and hopefully not a isolated incident, but hats off to Rational.  There go
all my flaming diatribes about Rational's hypocrisy in emphasizing C++
over Ada publicly.  Finally C++ and Ada in an ad together.  Makes one want
to weep for joy.  Maybe the begining of the end of the hypocrisy that has
been plaguing Ada for ten years.  One hopes.

And much to Rational's surprise, I bet their associating themselves publicly
with Ada won't destroy their customer base, which is the only reason I ever
thought of for Rational taking so long to mentioning Ada and C++ in their
ads together.  If I had the money, I would rush out and buy a copy of
Rational Rose just to show my support.

So hat's off to Rational.  One suggestion though - why not use some desktop
image processing techniques to insert Ada Lovelace's face into the rose
garden photo at the top of the ad :-)

Greg Aharonian
SouRCe TRANslation & Optimization
^  ^^  ^^^^   for the acetylcholine deficient

P.S.   Gee at this rate, another five years of public bitching and maybe I
can get the waste of STARS & ASSET cancelled.  One can hope.