* Re: LISP in the Ada-mandated world (was Re: perl in an Ada-mandated wo
@ 1993-04-12 15:12 Robert I. Eachus
From: Robert I. Eachus @ 1993-04-12 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

   John Goodsen wrote:

  > In the Heragraph toolkit, an Ada GUI and graphics toolkit, we have a
  > LISP engine for rapid prototyping.  It is written entirely in Ada also.
  > Can anyone verify whether a waiver is required to write HeraLISP which
  > is interpreted by an Ada LISP engine?

    There isn't a simple answer, but I'll give you some guidelines.
In general, prototypes which will be recoded in Ada do not require a
waiver under any DoD policies, however if the final product will
include soures in other languages a waiver will be required.

     The Air Force policy does specifically address this case, and
requires an exception, not a waiver, to use a 4GL or the like to
generate Ada source.  Reasonable exception requests are usually
granted quickly, and in this situation the only concerns would
probably be that the the project had addressed the issue of
availability of needed tools for the maintainers.

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-04-12 15:12 UTC | newest]