* atip_1553 package - questions
@ 1993-04-12 20:57 Gary Funck
From: Gary Funck @ 1993-04-12 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

A while back, I fetched the 1553 package at ajpo.sei.cmu in the file:

    atip1553.tar.Z

and have just gotten around to trying to use the code.  There are a couple
of questions that I have so far, and I'm wondering if someone
may have already found the answers:

1) The files are numbered f00.ada through f74.ada, except f13.ada is
left out.  Is this inteneded, along the lines of leaving out the
13th story in a building?

2) There are references to a package called CONDITION_HANDLING, but
the package is not present in the source directory:

f04.ada:with CONDITION_HANDLING;
f04.ada:    STATUS       :  CONDITION_HANDLING.COND_VALUE_TYPE;
f05.ada:with CONDITION_HANDLING;
f05.ada:    Status      : CONDITION_HANDLING.COND_VALUE_TYPE;
               --| Return code from system call
f05.ada:    if not CONDITION_HANDLING.Success(Status) then
f05.ada:          if not CONDITION_HANDLING.Success(Status) then
f05.ada:          if not CONDITION_HANDLING.Success(Status) then
f05.ada:            if not CONDITION_HANDLING.Success(IO_Stat.Status) then
f05.ada:              if not CONDITION_HANDLING.Success(Status) then
f20.ada:with CONDITION_HANDLING;
f20.ada:  package CHND renames CONDITION_HANDLING;
f30.ada:with CONDITION_HANDLING; use CONDITION_HANDLING;
f30.ada:    Status   : CONDITION_HANDLING.COND_VALUE_TYPE;

It seems that COND_VALUE_TYPE can be defined as an integer, but I'm
just wondering what the intent is behind leaving CONDITION_HANDLING
out of the source release?  There is no memntion of this in the read_me file.

3) Does anyone have an e-mail address on the author(s) of this package?
(saveral of the headers mention Bob Johnson, department : NATC,
Manned Flight Simulator, SETD, CTSD, SY32)

thanks for any pointers/help,

- Gary
--
| Gary Funck  		    gary@intrepid.com  [uunet!uupsi!intrepid!gary]
| Intrepid Technology Inc., Mountain View CA (415) 964-8135

* Re: atip_1553 package - questions
@ 1993-04-13 15:22 news.crd.ge.com!e7sa!groleau
From: news.crd.ge.com!e7sa!groleau @ 1993-04-13 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Apr12.205744.29889@intrepid.com> gary@intrepid.intrepid.com (Ga
ry Funck) writes:
>A while back, I fetched the 1553 package at ajpo.sei.cmu in the file:
>
>    atip1553.tar.Z
>
>and have just gotten around to trying to use the code.  There are a couple
>2) There are references to a package called CONDITION_HANDLING, but
>the package is not present in the source directory:
>
>f04.ada:with CONDITION_HANDLING;
>f04.ada:    STATUS       :  CONDITION_HANDLING.COND_VALUE_TYPE;
>f05.ada:    if not CONDITION_HANDLING.Success(Status) then

This type and function call are references to one of the packages supplied
by DEC with their VAX Ada (which by the way is an excellent product for a
good but not great machine).

* Re: atip_1553 package - questions
@ 1993-04-13 17:06 sdd.hp.com!elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!dimsum!steele
From: sdd.hp.com!elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!dimsum!steele @ 1993-04-13 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am reading a document that uses the EXPRESS Language to represent data
structures. Does anyone have a on-line summary of EXPRESS that they can
forward to me? Has anyone done any mapping of EXPRESS data types to Ada data
types?
				Rob Steele

* Re: atip_1553 package - questions
@ 1993-04-13 18:15 David Emery
From: David Emery @ 1993-04-13 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, that strongly implies that the 1553 code isn't portable outside
of a VAX/VMS environment...
				dave