* couldnt find a native GNAT compiler
@ 2012-11-08  0:14 andycolbear
From: andycolbear @ 2012-11-08  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have downloaded and successfully installed GNAT using the free software from AdaCore on my PC (x86-windows). Using the GPS I created a hello world app, compiled and ran it OK.

When I attempt to run the Win32Ada setup, it asks for a native GNAT compiler (defaults to c:\GNATPRO) so I point it to C:\GNAT\2012\bin (where the path is setup) but it fails.

I have tried this on a Windows 7 & Vista PC with no luck, AdaCore suggested removing and re-installing, but got same result, as free software they give no support.

Any Ideas ?

Cheers

* Re: couldnt find a native GNAT compiler
@ 2012-11-08  6:35 ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2012-11-08  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 08/11/2012 01:14, andycolbear a �crit :

> When I attempt to run the Win32Ada setup, it asks for a native GNAT
> compiler (defaults to c:\GNATPRO) so I point it to C:\GNAT\2012\bin
> (where the path is setup) but it fails.
You should provide the installation directory of the whole Gnat, not
only the executables, i.e. C:\GNAT\2012
--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog

* Re: couldnt find a native GNAT compiler
@ 2012-11-08 11:04 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2012-11-08 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

andycolbear <andycolbear@yahoo.com> writes:

> When I attempt to run the Win32Ada setup, it asks for a native GNAT
> compiler (defaults to c:\GNATPRO) so I point it to C:\GNAT\2012\bin
> (where the path is setup) but it fails.

Note that the default path does not have "\bin".

so try "c:\GNAT\2012"

--
-- Stephe