* AdaOS... nothin's going on anymore ??
@ 2001-12-16 21:44 Marc Neininger
From: Marc Neininger @ 2001-12-16 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

some months ago there was a posting from some Ada programmers who wanted
to implement a purely Ada based operating system. When I tried to follow
their link in these days the link ended in nirwana.

What happened to AdaOS ??

* Re: AdaOS... nothin's going on anymore ??
@ 2001-12-16 22:54 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-12-16 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Marc Neininger" <marc@champagnierle.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> some months ago there was a posting from some Ada programmers who wanted
> to implement a purely Ada based operating system.
> When I tried to follow
> their link in these days the link ended in nirwana.

The AdaOS page is down temporarily (there was a post on this a few days
ago).

> What happened to AdaOS ??

They haven't got very far.  I don't think they have even got a formal design
yet.  Serge Robyns wrote some code that could serve as a base for the OS,
but it was never taken onboard and the project is no further forward.
Serges' code can be found here http://web.wanadoo.be/rc.s/AdaOS/ and is a
year old.  It is quite good!  [I've been studying it on and off for a few
months and have used it as a guide for my own os project, but the less said
about that just now, the better!]

There is ADX another operating systems in Ada project but I don't know where
they're at.  The ADX project looked more promising than AdaOS last time I
looked.

Chris