From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: creating own Image function
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:02:56 GMT
Date: 2004-12-30T04:02:56+00:00	[thread overview]

Luke A. Guest wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:04:08 +0100, Mark Lorenzen wrote:
>
>>Your questions are really newbee questions and I recommend that you
>>read a book about Ada in order to get it right from the beginning and
>>not take your knowledge of other languages into "Ada world".
>
> Hmmm, a bit too harsh, me thinks. Obviously, just correcting it like you
> did would've been enough.

I disagree. These are mostly extremely basic questions that the OP would
not be asking if he'd looked at any text or worked through any tutorial.
Given the number of texts and tutorials available on line through
adapower.com and adaworld.com, I don't think it's a good idea to answer
these questions, as it only encourages more. While I'm all for
encouraging people to learn Ada, I'm not in favor of teaching it through
posts and responses on c.l.a. I'm perfectly willing to answer questions
from someone who's made the effort to learn the basics.

"Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!"
Monty Python's Flying Circus